Michelle Williams...Commodity Trader and Actress

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Maverick74, Jul 4, 2012.

1. larrywms

larrywms

Agree on that oscar...most of her movies have not been of my genre'
    this one was. She is one of the most intelligent--and headsgtrong people i have ever met..1/2 that she gets from me, and it is not the intelligence.

thanks much for the well wishes; very kind

larry

#51     Jul 5, 2012
  2. x2. Stay FAR FAR away from OPM.

#52     Jul 5, 2012
  3. I do so love a game of ET unpersonation, if well crafted. I remember fondly the fine work of Wiles Welder here. But this poster is not Larry Williams. Larry would know exactly where adverts for his site are being placed, and certainly that they pop up on ZH. Further, the REAL Larry would no more trade one car of cotton or fuel oil than I would trade Aged Indonesian Pork Rinds. Nice try, but no ET Oscar.

#53     Jul 5, 2012
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

FALSE. Google uses the cookies on your computer to place ads on various sites you visit. The owner of that company is NOT placing the ad there. YOU are. That's what cookies do. Cookies are basically an internet user ID. When you go to a site, that site reads the cookies and places ads that would target your interests.

#54     Jul 5, 2012
  5. "NFA fines Larry Williams for not reporting to potential clients that, while his personal account in a promotional 1987 contest was very profitable ( a gain of + $902,599 ), his managed accounts for clients lost substantial funds ( - $6,122,281 ). This constituted deceptive and unbalanced promotional material and disclosure statements. Details in William Gallacher's book Winner Take All.

Footnote -- In July 1988, the Larry Williams Financial Strategy Fund was launched, followed in March 1989 by the World Cup Championship Fund, managed by Larry Williams, Jake Bernstein and two others. The 1988 fund lost more than 50% of its clients’ equity in barely one year, as reported in the October 1989 issue of Futures magazine. The 1989 fund also lost more than half of its original equity by May 1990."

http://www.jurikres.com/snake/lawsuits.htm

http://www.nfa.futures.org/basicnet/Case.aspx?entityid=0002738&case=88BCC00035&contrib=NFA

”There is no question that Mr. Williams's personal trading accounts had a material effect upon his composite trading performance. The record reflects that for the first quarter of 1987, Mr. Williams's composite performance showed a loss of $6,122,281, while at the same time Mr. Williams's personal accounts experienced a gain of $902,599. The Panel finds that the fact Mr. Williams was making significant gains while managed customer accounts were suffering considerable losses would be a material fact which a potential customer would need to know in order to make a fully reasoned decision.”

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/printthread.php?threadid=174999

This is what I found on google. Probably answers the question that Bras didn't get.

#55     Jul 5, 2012
  6. Thanks for 'splainin'. I still use the telegraph. But the fact remains that the REAL Larry would know what sites his contract with Google would target. And he would certainly know what ZH is. Or maybe not. "Don't send them to ZH! Those assholes are too smart to fall for my bullshit!"

#56     Jul 5, 2012
  7. Brass

Brass

Actually, it doesn't so much answer one of my questions as it does merely elaborate on it. I am well aware of the content you posted because I have read about it in some detail, had the full NFA findings on the matter mailed to me, and even spoke with an enforcement attorney at the NFA. I did so a number of years ago as a result of an exchange with a couple other ET members who inexplicably defended Mr. Williams in this matter, and out of curiosity. Even so, I appreciate your post.

#57     Jul 5, 2012
  8. Brass

Brass

Just imagine what would happen if LW and JH teamed up...

#58     Jul 5, 2012
  9. We would have Jack charging outrageously for incomprehensible gibberish and Larry posting advice for free.

#59     Jul 5, 2012
  10. Brass

Brass

Six of one...

#60     Jul 5, 2012