Michelle 69 Ann 40

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Apr 30, 2012.

1. http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-04-25/news/31400824_1_ann-romney-favorability-approval-rating

Michelle O., Ann Romney more popular than their husbands: poll

Women rule the political roost.

Michelle Obama and Ann Romney are both more popular than their husbands, according to a new poll.

The Washington Post-ABC News survey released Wednesday shows First Lady Michelle Obama with a sky-high favorability rating at 69%. That's 13 points higher than her husband, President Obama.

Meanwhile, Ann Romney — the wife of the President's likely competitor come fall — came in with a 40% approval rating, five points higher than her husband Mitt Romney.

Pollsters note Ann's numbers may be lower than the First Lady's because she is not as well known on the national scale.

But according to the Washington Post, while the public often perceives sitting First Ladies more favorably than their husbands, it's rare for a challenger's wife to be more popular than the actual challenger — a situation that Ann finds herself in now.

Both Ann and Michelle have stepped up their roles on the campaign trail, a trend experts say is likely to continue in the months ahead.

Former First Lady Hillary Clinton hit a new high in favorability ratings, coming in at 65%. Her husband, Bill Clinton just edged her out with a 67% popularity rating.

2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Interesting. My impression is that Michelle is regarded as an "angry black woman" and also thought to be not very bright.

Ann Romney seems pretty accomplished by comparison and appealing as a human being as well.

I posted the other day that Michelle as an abysmal student whos writing didn't seem to represent "any known language".

I don't like Michelle Obama. She is a serial abuser of taxpayer money for the selfish purpose of taking vacation after vacation.

3. Max E.

Max E.

Apparently Obama has a 56% approval rating according to whoever wrote this article......

4. Favorability

5. Max E.

Max E.

my bad.

6. I like Michelle Obama ,Laura Bush,Hilary and Nancy Reagan.Hard working women with accomplishments of their own.Don't like Ann Romney or Cindy McCain

7. This sounds like Romney's '' Politics of Envy '' remark, Maxine.:).