Michele Obama To Host Rapper At WH Who Talks Of Killing Cops, Burning Bush

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rc8222, May 9, 2011.

1. Why no I didn't know that. Where are the transcripts and records of the huge philosophy exchange summit agreement? The civil rights act was fairly recent history so this should be very well documented. I'd like to read over this philosophy switch agreement which was reached.

#21     May 9, 2011
  2. I support Reagan's fiscal policy, but not his domestic policy (war on drugs, open immigration) and much of his foreign policy(contra/south america).

#22     May 9, 2011

3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

Southern strategy

In American politics, the Southern strategy refers to the late-20th century Republican Party strategy of winning elections in Southern states by exploiting anti-African American racism among Southern white voters and appealing to states' rights. Though the "Solid South" had been a longtime Democratic Party stronghold due to the Democratic Party's defense of slavery prior to the American Civil War and segregation for a century thereafter, many Southern Democrats were alienated from the party following the African-American Civil Rights Movement, the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965, and desegregation.

The strategy was first adopted under future Republican President Richard Nixon in the late 1960s and continued through the latter decades of the 20th century under presidents Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush. The strategy was successful in achieving its goals; it led to the electoral realignment of Southern states to the Republican Party, but at the expense of losing more than 90 percent of black voters to the Democratic Party.

You really have no business discussing politics if you didn't know something as simple as this

#23     May 9, 2011
  4. You do know that Reagan added more to the national debt then any other president before him right ?

You do know that Reagan had bigger deficits then any other president before him right ?

If you support Reagan's fiscal policy you have no business arguing for fiscal responsibility

#24     May 9, 2011
  5. Ahh, so there was no "philosophy exchange". It's just a sour grapes conspiracy theory to explain why the south went republican. I see. Thanks for sharing.

So it stands that, if the democrats didn't create the KKK, there would be no KKK. If the democrats didn't create Jim crow laws, there would have been no jim crow laws, and if the democrats didn't try to secede, there would have been no civil war. Thanks again for verifying all of that.

#25     May 9, 2011
  6. Yes, because of his excessively expensive domestic and foreign policy, not his fiscal policy.

In fact, the GDP was a mere 1% less after the Reagan tax cuts. There wasn't an income problem. There was, as usual, a spending problem. That "war on drugs" + contra conflicts + open immigration + 3strikes law etc is expensive.

#26     May 9, 2011
  7. This is some serious revisionist history, first off clinton only balanced the budget because the Republicans forced him to, secondly the only reason we were able to balance the budget then was due to the unprecedented expansion caused by the tech bubble.

The deficit Bush handed over included 400 billion in TARP spending. So of the 1.1 trillion, 400 billion was made up of a one time payment. The real budget deficit the next year should have only been 700 billion, and also since the TARP money was coming back Obamas deficits should have been even less than that, So Obama and the congress/senate which was under complete control of democrats promptly blew the deficit to up to unprecedented levels.

Not to mention that the republicans are currently working non stop to try to cut spending, and the democrats are fighting them every step of the way.

You really should get your facts straight before making a complete ass of yourself.

#27     May 9, 2011
  8. I wouldn't call Racists white southern democrats switching to the republican party due to democrats support for civil rights for blacks a conspiracy theory.I wouldn't expect you to understand that though

I'll try to make it simple for you,look at any past electoral map,whoever the majority of southern states went to shares the philosophy of the current republican party

It was the south that succeeded, The KKK was a southern group,currently these same southern racists call themselves republicans

#28     May 9, 2011

9. I'm assuming you consider yourself a fiscal conservative

Do you have any idea what fiscal responsibility means ?

#29     May 9, 2011
  10. More revisionist work, :D.

The democrats didn't support civil rights, the republicans did. The northern republicans and the southern republicans. I'll make it simple for you. The democrats opposed it, albeit in a higher % in the south than in the north... Yet the northern republicans still had a higher % of their vote FOR civil rights than the northern democrats. Hence, virtually all opposition to the civil rights act, in both the north and the south, came from the democrats. MLK was a republican. So much for that myth.

It was the democrats who seceded. The north were all republicans, Lincoln was a republican. The southern states were all democrat.

The KKK was not exclusively a southern group, there were KKK across the nation, which had chapters from north to south. The KKK WAS exclusively democrat though. The KKK does not call itself republican however. The KKK has in fact spoken out against both the republicans AND the tea party specifically.

Try again! This is strike 3, so make it good! LOL!!

#30     May 9, 2011