Michele Bachman's first thought? It ain't about jobs for Americans...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

I actually have no problem with that.

Now bring me that McDonalds 1/4 pounder w/cheese and the shake I ordered.
    And hurry up son, I don't have all day.

#21     Feb 7, 2011
  2. jem

jem

So now you are arguing for less govt give aways and less regulation?
    Maybe there is hope for you.

Perhaps soon you will agree dems should let me ride a motorcycle in CA without a helmet, the way CA used to be when it was a great state without a bunch of democrats in Sacramento screwing it up with regulations and taxes.

#22     Feb 7, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Holy shit, they have a helmet law in CA now? Frick, I remember riding around on liberty (US Navy) on those beautiful beach roads from San Diego on up, breeze in my hair. What a shame.

#23     Feb 7, 2011
  4. No helmet law?

Grand idea. You have to wave off all medical care, and pay the premiums on an insurance contract for all dependent (including wives) family members.

Now that's freedom, eh?

Why is it that so many equate freedom with a lack of personal responsibility? Is it because they are infantile in their thinking?

#24     Feb 7, 2011
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

hah...and a doctor in San Jose might just operate on your tooth at that point@

#25     Feb 7, 2011
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Personal responsibility you say? That's a grand idea, just think of the billions upon billions in federal entitlement programs that could eliminated if only people would assume some personal responsibility for themselves. I'm all for it, how about you?

#26     Feb 7, 2011
  7. Ricter

Ricter

You're in a bad mood today.

#27     Feb 7, 2011
  8. No, but thanks for your concern.

I understand that it is crazy that we allow people to drink themselves to death, and smoke themselves to death...so why should we force people to protect their heads?

It has to do with the fact that we need tax money from booze and cigarettes, the lobby groups of booze and cigarettes, and the motorcycle makers and riders don't carry that much weight.

Really, lots of things feel good, like not using a condom, not using a helmet, etc. but in the best interest of a society, the helmet law is a good one...

#28     Feb 7, 2011
  9. +1 777 +1 :(

#29     Feb 7, 2011
  10. Ricter

Ricter

I'm not concerned, it happens to the best of us.

#30     Feb 7, 2011