Michael Steinhardt Says Bull Market Coming To End - Worried About Big Correction

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Feb 15, 2007.

1. S2007S

S2007S

20%+ for 30 years is amazing, is there a history on his performance??? With that kind of return Im suprised I dont see him being interviewed on a daily basis on what his next picks would be. Wonder if he posts on elitetrader...

#11     Feb 15, 2007
  2. Steinhardt is not just a baller...
    Anyone who puts up those numbers is a power baller...
    he's a super mega power baller...

#12     Feb 15, 2007
  3. s&p up 27% at the end of the year....... Ill take the other side of that trade. Im with steinhardt.... we are in a maturing bull market. Dont worry, volatilitly will be coming very soon. Probably within the next few weeks.

#13     Feb 16, 2007
  4. zdreg

zdreg

5. Damn straight it was a nice call.

That's amazing. That's almost exactly when I went into the market (about two weeks earlier) and I was up 42% through yesterday. A bunch of stocks came up on my screen for value, and they;re not coming up today.

Check out this excerpt:

"Hedge-Fund Pioneer Steinhardt Says Stock Market `OK' (Update3)

By Sree Vidya Bhaktavatsalam and Ellen Braitman

July 11 (Bloomberg) -- Michael Steinhardt, best known for generating returns of more than 20 percent in a hedge-fund career spanning three decades, says there is a pall over the U.S. stock market that isn't justified.

``There's a sense of doom overhanging the markets,'' Steinhardt, 65, said in an interview today in New York. ``I think the market is OK.''

Steinhardt said U.S. stocks are cheap and that there are bargains to be found in the oil, textile and technology groups, though he declined to cite specific companies. The U.S. economy will continue to expand and the Federal Reserve won't raise interest rates much further, he said"

He is now saying we're due for a correction. Anyone with consistent 20%+ per annum gains for 30 straight years has to be respected.

#15     Feb 16, 2007
  6. contrarian to the max...

#16     Feb 16, 2007

7. February 15, 2007

Number of NYSE New 52 Week Lows - 5
    Number of NYSE New 52 Week Highs - 5 Pages

I'll take your guru's view Vhehn.

#17     Feb 16, 2007
  8. <i>"February 15, 2007

Number of NYSE New 52 Week Lows - 5
    Number of NYSE New 52 Week Highs - 5 Pages

I'll take your guru's view Vhehn."</i>

Markets top on exhaustion of buyers. Where's the accelerated volume on those five pages? Where's the volume on indexes? Where's the massive follow-thru accumulation?

Hayes is either very right or very wrong at any given time. A 389pt rise on the ES by 12/31/07 would be nice. I'll take it.

Since 12/15/06 1444.75 high, the ES has risen less than +13 index points at current print as I type. Unless my calculator broke, that two-month ascent has been a 0.89% increase.

Based on current prices, tell Don the ES only has +380 points or 26.11% left to go in the next 10.5 calendar months. Bring it on... I'd love to see it!

#18     Feb 16, 2007
  9. Hi
    Bylow-SellHigh;

That Bloomberg article was dated Feb15;
    wonder if at the end of day if he still ''stays long ''

Become sensivive;
    interesting way of perhaps he means tightened stops.

Saw an interview of him;
    he has a wildlife area he owns[upstate NY???], rides a golf cart on it:cool:

#19     Feb 16, 2007
  10. i find it highly doubtful myself but the guy has a good record. these conflicting views just prove nobody knows for sure.

#20     Feb 16, 2007