Michael Steele Running on ‘Don’t Fire the Black Man’ Platform

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Range Rover, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Hello

Hello

Not getting picked up for 2 more hours, plans changed so you have time to get dressed up Gabfly if you want to come out.

#21     Dec 18, 2010
  2. Hello

Hello

Here is an example of how perfect race relations can be, when I was 20 and I was living in T.O. and putting myself through school I took a job selling time shares at night. This company would basically hire on anyone who had a pulse, cause no one wants a time share.

Anyways There was a room full of about 30 salespeople, white, brown, asian, black, etc…, and everyone there knew the score. Basically we all sat in the room waiting for someone to come in. Everyone in that room would make jokes about the types of people you wanted to see and didn’t want to see, white people were the fish, and black people would buy but not always, they were a harder sell then white people, if you could catch a white person you were golden cause you had a 50/50 shot you could hang a time share on them. No one, including the brown sales people, and the asian sales people wanted anything to do with anyone who wasn’t white/black. The thing is that brown people were generally skeptical about anything you would pitch them on and if you did manage to sell them anything they would haggle you down to the point where there was no profit, same went for Asians. This was a natural thing based on culture.

What im getting at is that this was a salesroom with 30 people and all different races in it, and everyone in there was making fun of each others race, no one gave a shit, the numbers didn’t lie, you either wanted to sell to a black or white person never an asian or brown person.

These jokes went on contiously between us and no one ever would have cried racism…. I heard more racially motivated comments in that room then I have ever heard in my life, but it didn’t matter, everyone knew who they were, and there was no genuine animosity geared towards any races, everyone just called a spade a spade, one of the funniest things I ever saw was a buddy who made fun of a brown guys accent, by imitating it, while he was selling to him, because he knew damn well the guy was not going to buy, it was particularly funny cause my buddy was BROWN himself. We were rolling on the floor we were laughing so hard when he was trying to sell him.

This is where we need to get to in terms of race relations, and until we get to a point like that people will continue to fight with each other solely based on race, and throw out all these false accusations. The sensitivity has to go, and people need to learn to just live with each other. The Al Sharptons of the world do just as much damage as a Rush Limbaugh like character, because guys like Sharpton paint a picture which quite frankly doesn’t exist. You got to quit trying to use race as a means to skewer your opponent, it does a huge disservice to race relations. People like myself who grew up only with people of different races learned to joke and laugh about it and not take race so seriously to the point where no one is walking on egg shells around another race, quite frankly, and i have pointed it out before, my colored friends would be offended by someprissy bitch who walks on egg shells around them.

I find it particularly strange that you(Gabfly) are from Toronto where i was born, and that you play the race card like a U.S. liberal when you know damn well that racism is not even a factor in Toronto, your looking at less then 1% of people who are racist up here.

#22     Dec 18, 2010
  3. Hello

Hello

Gabfly1 i will make this comment, and this will be the last thing I say. As I have to go out.

Lucrum has been one of the very few on this site who has been 100% honest about everything he does, he was the one who brought the shit to the table with his family that period boy used against him, he has posted his own pictures, and he has given out his own address to Dr.Z. I know that the two of you dont get along, but for common sense sake can you not see that someone like him has nothing to hide? He is the first to admit his own wrong doings, and that is few and far between on the internet, or in life in general. If Lucrum was a genuine full blooded racist do you not think he would have outed HIMSELF by now?

The only other guy I have seen be as open and honest as Lucrum on this site is Rearden, other then that no one gives away personal info.

I would go to bat for a guy like Lucrum, or Rearden any day of the week because they tell it as it is, with no bullshit. I would not defend Lucrum so hard if i thought there was even the slightest chance he was a bullshitter.

So if lucrum is indeed a racist he is playing one hell of a game by honestly releasing 99% of his personal info/dirty secrets, but holding on to that one. I will be the first to admit i am an asshole if Lucrum is infact fooling us all.

Use common sense.

#23     Dec 18, 2010
  4. [​IMG]

#24     Dec 18, 2010