Michael Steele Running on ‘Don’t Fire the Black Man’ Platform

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Range Rover, Dec 17, 2010.

1. You miss the point. Obama is not a muppet, whereas Steele is. The skit was not about race. It was about stupid. Steele is a caricature.

#11     Dec 17, 2010
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Sounds like the skit SHOULD have been about Obama.

#12     Dec 17, 2010
  3. Ahh, so a "racist" then, is anyone who criticizes a democrat... interesting...

#13     Dec 17, 2010
    #14     Dec 17, 2010
  5. Hello

Hello

I have said it before and i will say it again i dont care much for any of these false cries of racism, i think it downplays the seriousness of the charge.

I dont believe the comment about a muppet was racist, nor do i think 99% of the stuff you accuse people of being racist for is racist. But let me be clear about something, you were the first one to start lobbing the bombs at people so their reaction is to nail you on the exact same charge, which i dont think is right either. I guarantee though that most of this would not be getting talked about if you had not accused most of the conservatives on this site(myself included) or in the United States of being racist to begin with.

#15     Dec 17, 2010
  6. Then let me be clear about something as well, because now you're obfuscating, either intentionally or otherwise. The crap that has been lobbed at Obama is quite different from what has been lobbed at Steele, quite apart from the fact that comparing the two men is like comparing apples to oranges. You know that.

Second, there does remain an undercurrent of racism. It was once a big problem in this world, particularly in the US as First World countries go, and it didn't magically just go away and disappear. You're far too smart to believe that. It may have become more nuanced, but it betrays itself from time to time. And while it is not exclusive to any one group, it does seem to find its home more so among the conservative Right than elsewhere. This is no secret.

As for my calling you a racist, I never actually did that. I pointed out that I thought you might be because you had frequently and repeatedly defended other posters who were clearly racist and had already been outed by others. I called them flat out racist, because that is what they are. I did not do so with you, as I just noted. I suppose that I should have considered the possibility that you were merely defending their rights of free, if reprehensible, speech, and I should not have automatically grouped you with them. I believe that I had already acknowledged this mistake on my part elsewhere.

I suppose there are two lessons here, one for each of us. Perhaps I should sometimes be a bit more circumspect about what I write, and maybe you should consider the merits of pedantry when it comes to defending full-on racists. (Index Piker comes to mind, however there have been others who have since dried up or been banned.)

#16     Dec 17, 2010
  7. Ahhh, so "racist" = someone who wins an argument with a left winger.

"Obfuscating" = winning an argument with Gabby...

A very educational day indeed. :D :D :D

(let's not tell him that Index Piker was himself a mestizo- he's on a roll right now, and that might ruin it...)

#17     Dec 17, 2010
  8. Hello

Hello

I have attacked legitimate racists on this site just as you have, here is one example, and i dont feel like going through the rest of my posts to find more, the difference is that i go after people who legitimately out themselves as being racist, i dont accuse evryone who disagrees with me of it, because like i said above it is not an accusation i take lightly.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...7&highlight=WTF+is+wrong+with+you#post3000187

I still have yet to see anything from lucrum or Phenomena which would constitute genuine racism, and no making a simple joke about race is not infact racism, i have an early flight to catch home to toronto tomorrow morning for the holidays, and i would gladly invite you for a "beer summit" with a group of my black friends and we can go over some of the comments from these guys and see if they consider it racist. Admittedly they arent big into politics, which makes them bi-partisan, the problem i have with the accusation is when it is used by liberals as a slur just to try to discredit the opponent, and it is a fairly typical false accusation of liberals from the U.S. where as it doesnt enter the conversation nearly as much in Canada. The offer is open, if you want to come meet me somewhere for a beer i would readily bring an entire crew with me of my none political black friends to deem what is and isnt racist, drinks on me.

If you want post some examples and i would be happy to go over them but from what i have seen, you still havent come up with a legitimate case of racism from these guys, which is something that a guy like Bill Maher or other hero comedians on the left wouldnt say. Me and my friends constantly make jokes with each other about race and it doesnt seem to matter, now if i was to come out and say something like the quote from the above link there might be a problem, but there is a big difference between a joke, and legitimate hatred towards a race.

#18     Dec 17, 2010
  9. Then you and I have very little further to discuss and agree upon regarding this matter. Both phenomena and Lucrum, whom you mentioned, have been nibbling at the edges with relish. First, let us agree that racism is discrimination or prejudice based on race. Against this background, consider this little gem from Lucrum as merely one example that managed to escape from him:
    Here is the post it its entire context for your reading pleasure:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...1952&perpage=6&highlight=lucrum&pagenumber=15

Lucrum tries to make it work, but it falls flat. He is out and there is no going back in for him. I'm not going to waste my time looking for incriminating material on the likes of "phenomena" or "Index Piker" or "dirty edomite" or any other of their number because I already know it's there. I read it time and again. Therefore, I don't feel the need to spoon feed anyone else for validation because I am quite comfortable in my conclusion.

However, I am bringing this matter to your attention because I think you have a tendency to give some really bad haircuts far too much benefit of the doubt. And it is precisely in the benefit of this doubt where they thrive. Their conduct is not isolated. It is serial. Again, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, and does so repeatedly over time...

#19     Dec 18, 2010
  10. Hello

Hello

WOW I cant believe how bad you whiffed on this one, when he specifically says that his comments about blacks have nothing to do with skin tone but about actions you consider that racist?!?!?!?!?! Look at the contents of the conversation. Go back 10 pages and look how you guys tried to skewer lucrum for nothing, you might have him on improper wording AT BEST

What you guys did was falsely label lucrum a racist for 10 pages and then when he slipped up and worded a sentence wrong you skewered him for the very charge you were accusing him to begin with.

Are you kidding me??!?!!?!!?!

Jamal is coming to pick me up right away and we are going to go party down town, how bout you come meet us for a "beer summit" I will ask him to be the arbiter of race relations. Beers are on me, we can show these comments to him on a laptop.

#20     Dec 18, 2010