Michael Saylor steps down as MicroStrategy CEO

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by SunTrader, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Now I've got some advice for you, it is a good moment to buy MSTR ( I didn't buy it, I am not pumping my bags). Since they managed to get rid of the one that was gambling their money away they might go back to how they were in the past, doing what they do best.

You can actually do the same with every company that was open about buying Bitcoin, if they got rid of it that means they are in a poor position and they will work their way out of the hole.

Follow the Bitcoin smell.

#31     Aug 4, 2022
  2. VicBee

VicBee

I've been trading MSTR for about 3 years. It's an unusual beast because of its tie to BTC. The business is solid but probably wouldn't command that price without it. It's as if the business is the foundation while BTC provides financing.
    MSTR is a roller coast stock, sometimes outperforming BTC, sometimes dropping unexpectedly, but at least BTC provides a pretty good trend indicator.

#32     Aug 4, 2022
  3. johnarb

johnarb

"Since Aug 10, 2020 when we adopted the #Bitcoin[​IMG] Standard, $MSTR has outperformed 97% of S&P 500 stocks." -Michael Saylor

#33     Aug 6, 2022
  4. VicBee

VicBee

Meh... That would need to be checked by others than a statement from the guy at the helm of the company. Today MSTR is rebounding at 319 from its June low of 140, but this was an 800+ stock late last year and without BTC it's not going back there.

#34     Aug 6, 2022
  5. I guess? But that's kinda like saying after a crash in gold, that mining companies are not going back to previous values.

#35     Aug 6, 2022
  6. VicBee

VicBee

Not quite. It's like saying a mining company isn't going back to its high if another lode isn't found in the depleted gold mine.

#36     Aug 6, 2022
  7. RedDuke

RedDuke

Gents if Nothing is done with Tethers they will turn on print press again and BTC will break 100k. I put some of my money into crypto because there is a decent chance Tether fraud will not be busted and Crypto will sky rocket again.

#37     Aug 6, 2022
  8. johnarb

johnarb

MSTR is a publicly traded company for decades, and the news releases are all out there. You can see the announcements from 2020, yourself

Here are the metrics since August 10, 2020

"Since

@MicroStrategy
    adopted a #Bitcoin[​IMG] Strategy, its enterprise value is up +730% (+$5 billion) and $MSTR is up +123%. Performance of BTC is +94%, S&P 500 +23%, Nasdaq +13%, Gold -13%, Bonds -14%, Silver -29%. GOOG +54%, AAPL +43%, MSFT +34%, AMZN -14%, META -39%, NFLX -53%." -Michael Saylor

#38     Aug 6, 2022
  9. VicBee

VicBee

Don't get me wrong, MSTR is a fun stock to trade. I'm just saying that the founder/CEO can say what he wants, but the stock performance is only based on a trader's enter/exit points. If you'd bought MSTR in Nov. 2021 and held, you'd be crying right now.
    MSTR value is not strictly its business activity, it's primarily due to its BTC whale holding. Once BTC takes off again, MSTR will take off again. But if BTC doesn't, then MSTR won't either. I'm not saying anything shocking...

#39     Aug 6, 2022
    johnarb likes this.