Michael Moore's new movie..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by IanMacQuaide, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Ahhh, Pabst, Pabst, Pabst...

You missed the point of my entire post.

Whether you like or agree, or hate and disagree with Moore, is not relevant.

I never said whether I did or I didn't; In fact, I specifically said I have a complicated and fragmented view of him.

To deny that someone who can turn a documentary (you can call it a mockumentary, or whatever - that's cool; there were some factual misnomers within it) about the incredibly exciting topic of medical insurance into a box office hit, is to deny the truth of his talent.

You can hate all you want. It won't diminish Moore's success.

He will have a raging good time with the rich (no pun intended) subject matter that the financial crisis has now given him, and he may produce something so provocative that it actually leads to some sort of populist rage (beyond what exists now) that leads to permanent change in real life.

All the world is a stage. I heard that by someone famous once.

#21     Feb 11, 2009
  2. Please tell me you're not that naive.

Moore said GM is badly managed and you and Moore both ignore the union's influence on that bad management and government screwing with CAFE standards and market share over the decades. In the 50's GM was not allowed by government to have more than a 50% share of the market - even as other car companies were going bankrupt and dying off. Moore assumes that government is as benevolent as God and so are Unions, so OBVIOUSLY the problem has to be "greedy" managers. You're reinforcing that.

Moore thinks the insurance companies making a profit is a bad thing. What he and you fail to mention is that most of these ill-gotten profits are there because of a regulatory code that favours insurance companies over customers and because of state insurance mandates which often make coverage so expensive for the average person that they do without. Also, because the insurance industry is regulated by states, the insurance company can use the excuse of moving to a different state or job (the work related insurance is also a bogus structure set up by government) to break coverage.

Again, government creates so many distortions that are paid for by consumers that the whole insurance industry is completely broken but Moore wants GOVERNMENT to run healthcare too.

Bush is a political monkey just like all other political monkeys. He's no better an no worse than Obama or Clinton or his idiot daddy. What else is new? Name one politician who is of any consequence and not in the pockets of a special interest group.

I'm sure Moore did the same fine job he always does wrt credit card companies.

#22     Feb 11, 2009
  3. Epic.

+100

#23     Feb 11, 2009
  4. Um...his last movie bombed. It was pulled from theatres ahead of schedule (even in NYC - which creams its pants for him 24/7) because nobody came to see it.

I don't consider lying a talent and that is really the only thing he does in his movies. That said, I don't begrudge him his dough. He made movies that people paid to see. Unfortunately, he begrudges me my dough even though I also performed a service and produced a product that somebody was willing to pay me for.

As for populist rage that will bring change - bring it on. All action resulting from populist rage usually hurt the less skilled and the poor the most. The wealthy and successful people will pay to ensure any change is beneficial to them. Congress is just a whorehouse and all the whores in it have a price, after all. The poor won't be able to pay that price and that will just give Michael Moore an infinite amount mockumentaries to make money from.

After all, for poverty pimps to keep pimping, you've got to keep poverty alive!

I <i>do</i> enjoy the spectacle.

#24     Feb 11, 2009
  5. In retrospect GM would've been better off moving the entire operation to Mexico, eh? But I get it. You're a leftest who only believes Democrat voting union members are entitled to a living wage. Sorry to break the news but the pursuit of social justice extends beyond borders.....

#25     Feb 11, 2009
  6. Moore is no different than any other politician. Why? The only people who think they are experts in foreign policy, healthcare and the financial system combined are policitians and right and left wing nuts who blog and post on online politicial forums.

Anyone who is willing to create laws and make documentaries about multiple issues when they clearly are an expert in none have problems.

Any audience that is willing to believe an "expert on everything" also has problems.

#26     Feb 11, 2009
  7. Coming from you, that is damn hilarious.

You don't even want to extend 'social justice' to your fellow Americans within this country's border who don't share your same skin color or tone.

No matter how you try to present yourself, you'll always be known - by your own past statements, your very own words - as an unabashed racist.

It's hilarious to see the above remark by you.

Hilarious as in incredibly disingenuous.

#27     Feb 11, 2009
  8. Show me one "racist" quote.

Just because I speak the TRUTH about American's of color doesn't make me racist.......

#28     Feb 11, 2009
  9. Here's the thing. No matter what you may think of Michael Moore, if his next documentary is about Wall Street then everyone here is going to see it at some point. Of this I have no doubt.

P.S. Jem, good post.

#29     Feb 11, 2009
  10. He uses a hyperbola to describe things for sure but Sicko was very accurate. I haven't seen the rest .

#30     Feb 11, 2009