Michael Moore: "Wall Street Has Their Man And His Name Is Barack Obama"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Dec 9, 2011.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Cant embed the video for some reason, but Michael Moore points out the fact that Obama has raised more money from Wallstreet than all 8 GOP candidates combined. Coincidence?

Click the link to watch the video, the transcript is below, even Michael Moore gets one right once in a while.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...s_their_man_and_his_name_is_barack_obama.html

MICHAEL MOORE, ON CNN: Well, "The Washington post" three weeks ago had this investigation and they said that President Obama has now raised more money from Wall Street and the banks for this election cycle than all -- than all eight Republicans combined. I don't want to say that, because if that's the truth, that Wall Street already has their man and his name is Barack Obama, then we've got a much bigger problem.

But I think President Obama, if he were here in the room, the question I would ask him is why are they your number one contributors? Why are you taking this money?

MORGAN: It's fascinating to find out why they're doing it. I'll ask him.

MOORE: What are they expecting in return in the second term from you? Right now, here's what we do know. Goldman Sachs was your number one contributor the 2008 election. And we have not seen anyone from Goldman Sachs go to jail. We have not seen the regulations, Glass/Steagall, put back on to Wall Street now three years after the crash.

Why hasn't that happened? President Obama, we the people need you to take them by the throat and say, damn it, this is the United States of America; you don't steal from the working people of this country. And this is the way it's going to be.

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm shocked non of our resident Obama disciples and Michael Moore worshipers didn't notice this.

3. Maybe because it's "An Inconvenient Truth." :p

4. Just what is it that Moore got right? No GSers in jail, no Glass-Steagall reinstated?

5. Michael Moore is a disgusting human being. His movies address the real concerns and bring awareness to important issues.

6. pspr

pspr

He finally sees Obama as the hypocrite he is. Of course that doesn't detract from the fact that Moore is a moron.

7. jem

jem

how about that. Truth from a lefty.

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

You don't see that every day. And almost never around here.

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yeah but he also said he is still voting for him. And round and round we go...

10. Many who are going to vote for Obama would vote for someone else, but it's not going to be for Newt or one of those idiots/radicals like Perry/Palin/Cain/Sanatorum/etc. Mitt would get some of Obama's votes though. Run someone who will not alienate 60% of America and they would win in a landslide. But it isn't going to happen in this election. Is this group that can't shoot straight really the best the Republicans have?
    If Ronald Wilson Reagan was running today he would join Huntsman as being too reasonable and not hateful enough. You guys have veered off into the ditch, get the car back on the road and moderate and independent voters will consider Republicans again.

"I don't wear no Stetson But I'm willin' to bet son That I'm as big a Texan as you are"

#10     Dec 11, 2011