Michael Moore Scorns Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Mar 21, 2011.

1. olias

olias

Good point. So is it fair to give some credit to Obama for doing what he thinks is the right thing to do? Whether you agree or not, I think we can at least give him credit for that.

#41     Mar 22, 2011
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Bullshit! Everything he has done the last 6 months is to appease the independent meat eating, nascar watching, church going crowd. This whole triangulating bullshit that Bill clinton used is a ploy to grab the middle for re-election. He is not going to get the right no matter how many times he mentions he is reading Reagan's biography and what a great communicator Reagan was.

But the middle is still up for grabs and the middle leans right, not left. He is going after them with a vengeance. And this little military maneuver is pretty clever. He may actually just get them.

#42     Mar 22, 2011
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

To quote Hillary Clinton, Obama does not know if today is Tuesday or Wednesday. Every decision he makes is calculated for re-election. Don't be fooled.

#43     Mar 22, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Well not everyone, there was plenty available on Obama, his Reverend Wright for example, but it seems too few wanted to see the truth
    Again some pretty broad brush strokes there, slavery from 143 years earlier never entered my mind. NO ONE alive in 2008 was a former slave or slave owner.

Kudos for your objective honesty

#44     Mar 22, 2011
  5. I don't know what Obama's motive is. That is pure speculation, but all I am saying is that if his goal is more power, this particular move doesn't follow...

Would Reagan, Bush 41, Clinton, Bush 43 have done something similar?

Likely.

I do find it ironic that the hard right was so pro war in Afghanistan and Iraq, which drained resources from America, during a time of tax cuts, allowed NK to become stronger in their nuclear program etc. are now suddenly concerned about costs of war?

In my opinion, this is just the typical politicking of those who hate Obama.

Mav dislikes Obama, a given, so he is not going to be objective.

I opposed the war in Afghanistan, Iraq, and tax cuts all at the same time.

The mess we have financially is the fault of Bush, as his moves were causal. Obama blew it, IMO with his primary goal during the time he had control of the legislative branch to push health care.

He should have seized on the opportunity to make energy independence our number one goal...which would have the side effect of making oil rich countries in the middle east not so important to our economy.

#45     Mar 22, 2011
  6. Bullshit!

Obama didn't need the meat eating Nascar watching church going crowd to win the first time.

The middle doesn't lean right, it leans to the middle. The middle is not ideologically driven, they are driven by jobs, the economy, and more practical realities of life. They are not driven by religion or social issues.

#46     Mar 22, 2011
  7. +1

But, does this make Obama a better politician?

If he alienates his base, in 2012, we will have what we had in 2008, and everything Obama wanted is up in dust. Pub President, Tea Party Congress, Pub Senate. How smart is that? Just sayin.......

#47     Mar 22, 2011
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

The middle in this country is fiscally conservative and socially liberal.

#48     Mar 22, 2011
  9. pspr

pspr

Obama's a dick. Not that he has one, just that he is one.

#49     Mar 22, 2011
  10. I think as a politician, Obama is betting on a third party tea party candidate to split the vote.

As things stand, it is not likely that the republican party of old, and the teagaggers are going to make peace on a candidate to run against Obama.

I don't see a strong third party left wing candidate at present.

#50     Mar 22, 2011