Michael Moore opens his mouth again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Apr 25, 2004.

1. nitro

nitro

Well,

I think I am an objective thinker, but more importantly, I believe I know when I am not being objective and usually delay making important decisions during those times.

All dealings with human beings/issues involve some subjectivity - I would not have it any other way.

nitro

#41     Apr 26, 2004
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK, add nitro to the list of people that think they are an objective thinker. How many is that now, let's see, it looks like the list now stands at 6 billion people. LOL.

#42     Apr 26, 2004
  3. nitro

nitro

OK.

nitro

#43     Apr 26, 2004
  4. nitro

nitro

Only if you define "good" by being able to pay one's bills by trading. In that case the answer is yes.

I trade more than one account, and in some I lose, in some I win, and in others I am treading water. Fortunately, I am net plus.

nitro

#44     Apr 26, 2004
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Nitro seriously, if you asked how many people on ET were good traders, everyone one of them would say yes, however many that is. When in reality it's probably 1% give or take.

#45     Apr 26, 2004
  6. nitro

nitro

I have been serious the whole time.

I do not care what the rest of the people at ET would do in this case. I only know what I would do.

You need to ask each of them the question. I would not presuppose anything, that would be subjective.

However, I have made the observation in the past that perhaps there are 500 - 1000 professional traders on ET. Today, that number seems to be about 200, or very close to your 1% number.

nitro

#46     Apr 26, 2004
  7. Actually, I suck.

#47     Apr 26, 2004
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

I'm not asking you to. I'm just saying that everyone thinks they are an objective person, everyone. Hitler thought he was an objective person, so did David Duke, so did Stalin, so did Saddam. Everyone one us likes to believe that we are capable of making our own decisions. Of course don't tell that to the media or to the fashion magazines or to the commercials who try to convince us otherwise. The bottom line is, we are think we are objective when in reality we all bring our own baggage to the table, our own life's experiences. A white woman who is raped and mugged by a black man in Chicago will never look at black people the same way ever again. She can say she is objective all she wants, but the truth is she is not. And that is why a good lawyer will make sure she never sits on a jury when a black man is on trial. I rest my case.

#48     Apr 26, 2004
  9. nitro

nitro

Of course.

No disagreement with any of that.

nitro

#49     Apr 26, 2004
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Nitro, a professional trader means only that they do this for a living. It does not mean they actually earn a living nor does it mean they are actually good. LOL.

#50     Apr 26, 2004