Michael Moore On Rush Limfattybawwww

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Mar 6, 2009.

1. You are doing something liberally, that's for sure.

The only thing more ridiculous than quoting Pabst in the third person, is not speaking about Kurt in the third person...

Put down the crack pipe Kurt...

Or see a professional for the personality disorder thingy...

#21     Mar 7, 2009
  2. It's like a guy named Marshall Mathers having a stage name of Eninem and singing a song called I'm the Real Slim Shady. Don't even get me started on Sean Combs.....

#22     Mar 7, 2009
  3. Guys, don't taunt each other. You might get banned.

#23     Mar 7, 2009
  4. Okay 8 mile...if you need to compare yourself to rappers.

#24     Mar 7, 2009
  5. thats what Obama is trying to do.He simply wants to offer health insurance through the government for people who cant get insurance on their own,not have government hospitals

If you are self employed and have a pre existing condition you are shit out of luck in finding decent and affordable health ins

Private health insurers want to cherry pick and only insure healthy young people and find any excuse possible to deny a claim,that shit needs to stop

#25     Mar 7, 2009
  6. Insider trading said: Thats what Obama is trying to do.He simply wants to offer health insurance through the government for people who cant get insurance on their own,not have government hospitals

If you are self employed and have a pre existing condition you are shit out of luck in finding decent and affordable health ins

Private health insurers want to cherry pick and only insure healthy young people and find any excuse possible to deny a claim,that shit needs to stop.

That sums it up exactly. Nuff said. Stifle.

#26     Mar 7, 2009
  7. fhl

fhl

Might not be that simple at all.

When he offers health insurance to those "without", it will inevitably lead to changes in the health insurance for those who "have". That is what his entire mo has been about. Spreading the wealth. To do that, those who have it Must feel the pain as those who are without are getting. There is no free lunch.

#27     Mar 7, 2009
  8. If private insurers would do the right thing there would be no need for changes

Like Obama said,his mom was in the hospital dying of cancer and the insurance company was trying to deny treatment to her by claiming she had a pre existing condition

Obama is not trying to take your coverage,if you like it you keep it,if not buy the government insurance that federal employees have

#28     Mar 7, 2009
  9. I am an actor and someone employed in the entertainment business. I have my own opinions about how this government should be run and how disgracefully it has been run by both parties. I want to give it as hard as I can to those who willingly seek political roles and disgrace their office and, conversely, commend those who, in my opinion, behave commendably. I express those opinions un-self-consciously while never believing for one minute that they will influence anyone or anything. I do it as an American. For me, it's an American thing.

I am not the head of my Party.

Rush Limbaugh is an uneducated, marginally talented, overbearing, recovering drug addict who was, at least according to Wikipedia, ineligible for the draft because he had cysts on his ass.

I have dear friends of mine who represent real Republicans. Goldwater Republicans. Strong on defense. Tough on immigration. Fiscal conservatives. Not the bullshit Reagan wing of the party which, along with Clinton killing Glass-Steagall, brought us to where we are today.

My friends who are these real Republicans (not hypocritical evangelicals who are too lazy to raise their own children properly so, therefore, insist that all public institutions and policies bend to their will to make that job easier) do not listen to Limbaugh. They don't care what he says. They think he is an amusing entertainer. Like most progressives I know are well aware how hit-and-miss Michael Moore can be and, ultimately view him as an entertainer and don't give a damn what he says.

Until Limbaugh gets real, weans himself off the big salary and runs for office, he will always be nothing more than a poorly educated, marginally talented buffoon who has developed a real talent for manipulating the G-spot of the neocon consciousness and massaging the hate gland of so many economically displaced white voters in America.

I hope to God the GOP gets its act together soon and finds a real leader for their Party. Rush Limbaugh as the spokesperson for the GOP? 2010, I can't wait.

---Alec Baldwin---

#29     Mar 7, 2009
  10. Parker Blackman
    Posted March 6, 2009 | 07:15 PM (EST)

The public frenzy over Rush Limbaugh's most recent display in political grandstanding has been a delightful distraction from the deluge of bad economic news. Watching Michael Steele kowtow to Rush was hilarious. And the media's re-release of Rush's greatest hits (who can forget his wildly inappropriate and offensive imitation of Michael J. Fox?) has restored a certain spring in my step that's been lacking for the past month.

But before we get too giddy about Rush and the albatross he may be for Republicans, it is important to remember one axiom above all else: The buck can't stop at just one man. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Democrats have been smart enough to hold Rush out as the new face of the Republican Party. And I'm even happier that Rush has been so obliging. But if it is just about Rush, then we miss the real and more important opportunity: to firmly tie the failed policies of the last eight years to the conservative ideology that foisted them upon us. If we can effectively link right-wing ideology to the policies that dug the hole we find ourselves in today, we will cement America's understanding of what conservatives represent for a generation.

By now we all know the history: conservatives spent years and millions invested in think tanks, message development and leadership training to make their brand of conservatism exciting and accessible to the American public. And they effectively branded the left. Liberal = tax and spend. Big government = bureaucratic and ineffective. Class action lawyer = ambulance chaser. Environmentalist = tree hugger. And so on.

But you can't spin eight years of abject failure. It turns out tax cuts are not the cure-all conservatives led us to believe. And guess what? Wall Street cannot be trusted to police itself. Turns out government does have a role to play, whether it is helping citizens during natural disasters or agency staff with the knowledge and spine necessary to protect our food, toys, and investments.

Soon enough, the Rush Limbaugh frenzy will die down. But the conservative effort to reshape their legacy will not. They are already feverishly working to rewrite the last eight years and distance themselves from George W. Bush. Conservatives are fast and furiously casting their one-time savior and movement leader as having lost his way, straying from the ideals of a true conservative.

But Bush didn't lose his way. He steered his party's course to its inevitable conclusion. The only thing that did get lost over the last eight years is the veneer covering up conservatives' un-American, every-man-woman-and-child-for-themselves version of patriotism. As progressives, we can't let their current attempt at an extreme makeover go unchallenged.

Today is our best opportunity not only to reclaim the American dream, but also to indelibly cast the dye on the real conservative agenda. So let's cast Rush, Michael Steele, Newt Gingrich, Eric Cantor and the rest of the right wingers out to the wilderness. And let's make sure it's not just a Rush job, but a casting out of their entire reckless ideology.

#30     Mar 7, 2009