Michael Crichton RIP

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by daybyday, Nov 5, 2008.

1. daybyday

daybyday

2. Shoot, he was the quintessential author made good. 66?
    That kinda sucks.
    Underated, imo.

3. We had the box right next to him at the Hollywood Bowl. Very cool guy. Great taste in wine too.

4. daybyday

daybyday

He really got inside his subjects with his writing, I thought.

I was just thinking it would have been way cool if he had chosen to write a novel that included futures trading...

I found him very stimulating.

Seats next to him at the game. That sounds like an unforgettable conversation to me. :D
    I would have loved to have met the man.

I am in complete agreement with him that science by consensus is madness. The scientific method is the exact opposite of "by consensus" in my view as well.

Married 5 times, he was. I wonder what his contribution would have been to the pre-nuptial agreement thread here on ET.:p

5. "Seats next to him at the game. That sounds like an unforgettable conversation to me"

I have recently returned from a trip to California and was under the impression the Hollywood Bowl was a concert venue? It had a big stage and NOT a lot of room for playing games. Except chess and things like that. And who has a conversation at a concert anyway. Except beforehand. And in the interval. And afterwards.

You silly sausage.

6. :eek:

7. daybyday

daybyday

My bad

:eek: