Michael Covel Says: Greed Is Good

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Jun 18, 2009.

1. you funny little men.

nothing in this world can be considered good or bad. let alone a man's feelings. things just ARE.

it's each and everyone of us that tells whether a thing is good or bad depending on our own agendas.

example: i lend you 2mln dollars. you don't pay me back. i put a contract on you. you get killed. i set an example. your family is mourning you. what is good for me, is bad for you and your family.
    :)
    and so on...

so greed might be a driving force behind our actions, but how can one say if greed is good or bad, and more important WHEN can one say if greed IS/WAS/WILL BE good or bad....

saying that greed is good / bad means claiming an absolute truth. however, from an EliteTrader one expects to hear relative claims in probable contexts.

#51     Jun 20, 2009
  2. loza

loza Guest

brilliant post. I wonder what happened to MC's movie business venture? Eventually he will get over his head and bite it. It is karma, as he not "acquired merit" for a long time in his business dealings. Now he ran out of book ideas as he wrote no less than two books as an especially a "dead" subject, hence his inane youtube video... What is next for him is to get into the Chinese organ trading business or something like that, befitting his scruples and acumen, who knows?

#52     Jul 8, 2009
  3. #53     Jul 8, 2009
  4. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

Film Website

Huffington Post Article

Trailer:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N-4Z7xKq4lU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N-4Z7xKq4lU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Intro:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q7rJdPsY2dc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q7rJdPsY2dc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

#54     Jul 8, 2009
  5. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

I love crazy people!

#55     Jul 8, 2009
  6. LOL, you mean like forced sterilizations & biological warfare experiments in Africa? Wow where can we get more of these generous benefactors.

Gates is an utter scumbag and has held back the software industry by decades due to his greed & insecurity.

#56     Jul 8, 2009
  7. fhl

fhl

If murdering someone works out to your advantage, then you would consider it good, eh?

You must have gone to an elite school, too. All the hallmarks.

#57     Jul 8, 2009
  8. Precisely.

People like Covel and marketsurfer, who live for the sound of their own voice, rely less on content than on form. And so, while they would get agreement from everyone here if they came out and said that ambition was good and essential for advancement and prosperity, both individual and societal, that wouldn't suit their purpose. Their purpose is to intentionally inflame wherever possible rather than seek common ground. Because that draws attention to them and attention is everything. It's what they live for. It's what completes them. Now if only they had content to warrant the attention...

Think of a little attention-seeking kid with no talent or ability whose only means of drawing attention to himself is to make loud and vulgar noises.

Yes, ambition is good. Mediocrity coupled with arrogance and condescension? Not so much.

#58     Jul 8, 2009
  9. isn't is wonderful that we have people such as Tdog to be the arbritrer of all good content. where would this world be without individuals like this? he will be happy to tell you what is good and talented or even vulgar so that you don't have to think. perfect!

surf:D

#59     Jul 8, 2009
  10. Forgive me. How presumptuous of me to comment on your posts. Perhaps I should just limit my responses to gasps and applause, much as you do with all things Victor Niederhoffer and Larry Williams.

#60     Jul 8, 2009