Michael Covel Says: Greed Is Good

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by marketsurfer, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RWsx1X8PV_A&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RWsx1X8PV_A&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#11     Jun 19, 2009
  2. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

I believe "The Complete TurtleTrader" speaks for itself. Clearly, you have not read it.

#12     Jun 19, 2009
  3. Sushi

Sushi

A fund manager who mentors traders? Sometng fishy in tat combination.

#13     Jun 19, 2009
  4. Love the losers of ET, so quick to bash someone.

P&L check fellas!

#14     Jun 19, 2009
  5. GREED - excessive or rapacious desire, especially for wealth or possessions.

Capitalism - an economic system in which investment in and ownership of the means of production, distribution, and exchange of wealth is made and maintained chiefly by private individuals or corporations, especially as contrasted to cooperatively or state-owned means of wealth.

You can imply that capitalism is the same as greed but that is problem. Individuals like yourself can't tell the difference. Your insatiable desire for "MORE" and your promotion of "Greed is Good" shows your lack of understanding of a solid investment environment. This fixation of yours overwhelms any common sense you possess.

You are an intelligent individual it is a shame you don't choose to direct that intelligence toward a more productive vehicle.

#15     Jun 19, 2009
  6. Though simplistic, the video is essentially on-target.

Greed in healthy doeses is a good thing ... the only question being, who determines what is a "healthy dosage"?

The Capitalist Manifesto
    Greed is Good
    by Fareed Zakaria

(excerpt)

"A specter is haunting the world—the return of capitalism. Over the past six months, politicians, businessmen and pundits have been convinced that we are in the midst of a crisis of capitalism that will require a massive transformation and years of pain to fix. Nothing will ever be the same again. "Another ideological god has failed," the dean of financial commentators, Martin Wolf, wrote in the Financial Times. Companies will "fundamentally reset" the way they work, said the CEO of General Electric, Jeffrey Immelt. "Capitalism will be different," said Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner."

#16     Jun 19, 2009
  7. Let me see . . . fine here.

Quit trading at lunch, well exceeding my daily goal so I could play in the garden with my family.
    Life is a matter of priorities.
    People that think "Greed is Good" have their priorities all screwed up.

#17     Jun 19, 2009
  8. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

I see! You set the goals for everyone. And if they achieve more than you -- they are greedy! Ridiculous logic.

#18     Jun 19, 2009
  9. "Assurance, backbone, boldness, bravery, certainty, certitude, constancy, conviction, courage, dauntlessness, decision, dedication, doggedness, dogmatism, drive, energy, fearlessness, firm-ness, fortitude, grit, guts, hardihood, heart, independence, indomitability, intrepidity, nerve, obstinacy, persistence, pluck, purpose, purposefulness, resoluteness, resolution, resolve, self-confidence, single-mindedness, spine, spunk, steadfastness, stiff upper lip, stubbornness, tenacity, valor, willpower, decency, ethicality, ethicalness, gentleness, godliness, good habits, goodness, honor, ideals, incorruptibility, incorruption, integrity, justice, manners, moral code, morals, mores, principles, probity, purity, rectitude, righteousness, rightness, saintliness, standards, uprightness, virtue, worthiness . . . are Good"

These are thing to aspire to not greed.

None of those words above are synonyms for GREED.

Greed is not Good!

#19     Jun 19, 2009
  10. You're right life is about priorities. Greed keeps food on your table. While you're making a profit on your trade, someone else is losing. If you're not greedy, write them a check and return their losses.

#20     Jun 19, 2009