Miami Economy???

Discussion in 'Economics' started by AMT4SWA, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Bad cops have been around in America longer than any of us have. Read up on some of the sheriff's in the south 40 years ago and earlier. Some of those were like mob bosses.
    When you have guns and a power position there are going to be bad apples along the way, no way around it. Just like when we read about a soldier overseas raping or murdering someone, it doesn't mean all of them are bad, just some people can't handle power and guns.

#11     Jun 4, 2011
  2. Just to be clear....I was not saying Miami is a third world shithole but I was trying to get a feel from those here at ET who live in the area. I know Miami has had a rough time with RE values during the economic blowout past years.....but I was not sure if the town was degrading from an increase in crime.

I like Miami and I plan on spending some time in the area this summer to get a feel......those South FL condo prices are very attractive.

#12     Jun 4, 2011
  3. Actually, many local police throughout the country have been degraded through "planned" lower standards for hiring practices. Also, all these damn FEDERAL directed local law enforcement programs have been USED to get the local cops to SEE THE CITIZENRY as an ENEMY. If a cop can't handle some little dweeb filming his activities (totally LEGAL) then we have some MAJOR psychological problems within the DUMBED DOWN law enforcement community.........and yes, that is EXACTLY where america is at!

It is VERY CLEAR that POLICE STATE brutality is exploding throughout america!!! It is all about Federal program initiated TRAINED MENTALITIES against the common CITIZENRY!!!

!!OUT OF CONTROL!! Marine murdered by SWAT at home Tucson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I7EJszqTgc

Mike Adams & Stewart Rhodes: Rally in Tucson Over Death of Young Marine Veteran Jose Guerena

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEZ8kQe2odc&feature=related

#13     Jun 4, 2011
  4. A really good Police Officer must be able to:
    Be discreet in all his dealings with the public.
    Have the patience of Job.
    The courage of a Lion.
    The tenderness of Mother Theresa.
    Be able to hit exactly whatever he aims at.
    The speed to overtake the local track star, or a meth-head.
    And, the wisdom of Solomon.

I ask you, what price this man?

#14     Jun 4, 2011
  5. #15     Jun 5, 2011
  6. asking about miami is very general. it can mean anything. the good parts in miami beach like south of fifth and north bay road are incomparable. the crappy parts of the city of miami are a huge dump.

as a general rule of thumb you want to live in the white areas.

#16     Jun 5, 2011
  7. That's one smart cookie :D What's the betting that he knew to do this, because he'd been on the wrong end of police 'justice' some time previously?

Anyway, police are just a reflection of society. If somewhere is a shithole, the police will be worse than in a nice area. Police will have just as many bullies, psychos, and so on as the average population of any other profession.

#17     Jun 6, 2011
  8. Cubanamerican from Miami here.

I have to agree that Miami rarely resembles anything like the US. In some ways it is a shithole.

I know cops have become more aggressive virtually all over the US. However, over here we have had incidents were cops have been shot to death at point blank range. Cops are nervous and aggressive.

During the Miami Beach incident (not Miami), a few cops were wounded by gun shots. When this guy was shooting the video they were at an all time adrenaline high.

This incident took place during the hip pop shit. Mostly blacks and Hispanics doing the partying that almost became like a riot.

In this case i side with the cops. SHOOT THEM UP!!!!!!!:D

#18     Jun 6, 2011
  9. tt00

tt00

Miami is a real shit hole. I got a good laugh from southbeach4me .. yeah try to blame it on the non exist blacks that visit there ain't much to visit there buddy. Try again. LOL

Atlanta vs Miami ----> Miami is a real shit hole hands down. No wonder why so many Floridians are running up to Georgia. Georgia better start building that electric fence real soon. I can barely tell if I am in America still down here. Just Wow SMH.

#19     Jul 3, 2011
  10. Amazed you stuck it out there for memorial day. When we were living there and this weekend rolled around, we just packed up and left for West Palm or Naples. People sitting in plastic chairs on Collins avenue outside of their hotels drinking from an open container in the noonday sun when no self-respecting south beach resident would be out of doors. Rowdy by evening and looking for trouble. Pass.

Everyone who is in South Beach knows to get out of town that weekend. Glad that they are finally shutting the festival down next year - its not worth the hassle.

#20     Jul 3, 2011