Miami Dade Country raising property taxes due to Budget issues. How about yours??

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jueco2005, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Yeah but if you don't like air pollution, is there a better place than Cheyenne (or anywhere in Wyoming, for that matter)?

#21     Jun 20, 2009
  2. This is one of the MAJOR problems about government at all levels.

Government MUST scale back! (Have they never heard of the concept of "eating one's seed corn", or "eating the goose which lays the golden eggs", or Ouroboros?

#22     Jun 20, 2009
  3. My in-laws live in Gross Pointe Farms (a middle class neighborhood), and you're right about high property taxes. We end up paying them because they can't afford to. (A classic example of "government excess burden on the private sector). Here are people who lived in this home for most of their adult lives, raised their kids, and retired after having been productive members of society... yet could lose their home or be forced to sell and move... all because they can't afford their property taxes... shameful!)

One of our younger cousins married into a wealthy family. Daddy built them a 19,000 sq ft home in Grosse Pointe Shores (NOT middle class)... I wonder what the taxes are there?

#23     Jun 20, 2009
  4. Cutten

Cutten

Do renters pay property taxes, or does the owner/landlord have to cover it?

#24     Jun 20, 2009

5. Landlord always covers it, btw Cutten did you get any work done on ag spreads??

#25     Jun 20, 2009
  6. Ha haha true, Cheyenne is the windiest city I've EVER been in (grew up outside of it and live in it now), I bet the average wind speed in the winter is well over 20 mph. There were times last winter when it was blowing 60-70 mph consistently, although in the summer it slows down tremendously.

#26     Jun 20, 2009
  7. While the news may be full of doom and gloom, house prices are now rising, rather than falling but it’s obvious because there are numerous arguments involved, but one of the simplest explanations involves the economic principle of supply and demand.

#27     May 23, 2012
  8. I have family that lives in Croatia, Germany, and Bosnia. They all say that there are no property taxes in any of these countries. I wish it was like that here.

I live in Georgia (suburb of Atlanta) and pay $2,000 per year in property taxes and $500 per year for home insurance. Home is currently worth $200,000.

#28     May 23, 2012
  9. AK100

AK100

I always love the vulgarity of those massive houses.

#29     May 23, 2012
  10. Germany does have property taxes (Grundsteuer).

http://www.nrwinvest.com/Business_Guide_englisch/The_tax_system/Taxation_of_Property1/index.php

#30     May 23, 2012