Miami Beach Trading Room

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by viruscore1, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Well, what trader is going to trade from a laptop on WIFI? What distinguishes you from the local coffee house?

#21     Sep 4, 2010
  2. Read the thread coffee house trader boy. If you’re personal trading capital is around 100k or less, this may not be for you. This is for pros that have grown out of their home office. Or need the home office space for some thing else, like another human being. In my case; my son is old enough to have his own bedroom. And I’m Old enough to have an office away from home.

If you think a build like this has only wifi, you are where you belong. Once you realize trading is not for you, you'll graduate to working at the coffee house. You most likely earn more in tips.

I'm tired of replying to amateurs.:eek:

#22     Sep 4, 2010
  3. lol, so you have no answer, only that this is appropriate for a family guy with less than three bedrooms in his home. You sound like you're living the dream. You lost your home office because you needed another bedroom? That's big-time.

I don't know of any serious trader who would want to lease space to trade from his laptop on wireless; no mention of throughput, so it's unlikely it's anything more than a shared T-1 line, if that. You trade off one screen? Let me guess, Scottrade?

At the very least they would want to setup a workstation with dual or quad monitors. You must really be impressing OPM with you 12" thinkpad and lime office chair.

This amateur can make a competitive market in an SPX var-swap with an atm vaniila option quote, but I can understand why you would look poorly upon my comments... it's such a fantastic deal!

#23     Sep 4, 2010
    #24     Sep 4, 2010
  5. #25     Sep 4, 2010
  6. bat1

bat1

Pipe Cleaning" by hot Cubanas.

I like this...:p

#26     Sep 4, 2010
  7. This facility is not restricted wifi or laptop. There is redundant T1, you can bring in any amount of screens you wish. I belong to the canyon ranch health club (gym to you) its 150 month. For $100 bucks more a month I have a gym and an office. It's about the same price you're paying for your over priced frappachinno. According to you I should buy a bigger home. Have you ever wondered why professionals work in office? It's difficult but many separate work from family.
    There's an old saying us old timers from Chicago use. It goes something like this...
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, you baffle them is bullsh1t. Obviously you can't afford $250 office, this is not for you.

Trade on coffee shop boy

#27     Sep 4, 2010
  8. That is ocean front office space in my condo complex ground level. I am contemplating buying it. It's alittle to close to home. I'm checking out prop firms, maybe start one. We'll see...

#28     Sep 4, 2010
  9. Shared T1 is shit. You're in IT so you should know better.

You were renting in Madison WI in 2007. So much for brilliance. But yeah, a $250 desk in which I must trade from a laptop is not my idea of a viable setup. For your $25k in BP it may be sufficient.

FWIW, I can trade from a desk at my clearing firm any time I like. Complete with a bloomberg and 3000XTRA. You're not going to find anyone to take this slot at $250. It's a joke.

#29     Sep 4, 2010
  10. Wow you are a real clown. Check the address again retard. It's across the street from state of wisconcin department of transportation. The apt was supplied to me for an out of town assignment for state to state ticket trace assignment for 4 months. Don't you have anything better to do?

Did you find my other condo on Canal and Adams, a block away from CME and 4 blocks from CBOE and CBOT and 2 blocks from sears tower? Assh0le...

#30     Sep 4, 2010