MI5 chief warns 300 UK banks on web-based attacks from state organizations in China

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by ASusilovic, Dec 4, 2007.

1. ooooooooh

but how come britain and usa do not know how to spy on china and hack into chinese computers. maybe u should shoot ur leaders

#11     Dec 21, 2007
  2. damn right. i love the point the gun to your head and give your freedom ala iraq style

#12     Dec 21, 2007
  3. ooooooh.i am frightened

#13     Dec 21, 2007
  4. bgp

bgp

what point didn't you like alien? are you a commie ? you don't like christians ? or freedom for the common person ? i happen to think we should never go into iraq , even before decision was made.

bgp

#14     Dec 21, 2007
  5. bgp

bgp

alien, please answer my simple question .

bgp

#15     Dec 21, 2007

6. I'm tired of fucking morality bullshit like this.

I don't like the Chinese for various reasons, but this anti-chinese bullshit is getting out of hand. The American intelligence agencies are the biggest hackers around and yet we never hear about that.

Americans like to be fed some "enemy" or the other. Can't find Osama ( because he doesn't exist) ? well, we're working one another new enemy for the dumb fat sheep. Can't be happy unless there is someone or something to bitch and moan about.

#16     Dec 21, 2007
  7. Do you mean the communists in shanghai who have built twice as many skyscrapers as in NYC and are creating millionaires every single day? or the Christians who decimated entire civilizations in South America and enslaved much of Africa? or the freedom to torture American citizens with the suspension of habeas corpus?

On the other hand, if all this just means that you hate the Chinese as a race who are striving for better standards of living and taking their place in the world , then i understand you perfectly

#17     Dec 23, 2007
  8. When you see this kind stuff emanating from "intelligence" agencies there is almost always some sort of political agenda, not to mention a job preservation scheme to justify more spending of public money by identifying as many "threats" as possible.

As other posters have noted, you can bet the CIA or NSA, or MI5 or MI6 or your "intelligence" agency of choice get up to all sorts of stuff of this nature. The US, Britian, Australia, Canada and I think New Zealand have been running Echelon for years. There have been more than a few accusations of it being involved in industrial and commercial espionage rather than confining itself to "security" matters. Some of those accusations have come from the EU.

Of course there are also many other black hats out there in the net, ranging from organized crime to teenage hackers in their bedroom getting up to this stuff as well.

But all this is to be ignored, and the Chinese demon to be invoked, just to generate a little mild hysteria.

These PR jobs by 'intelligence" agencies are almost always long on "threats" and very short on facts and sources which of course are conveniently "classified".

Though the posted article doesn't mention it, I read somewhere else that the evidence for these attacks was IP address sourced to some government buildings in Beijing. Really ? Are the Chinese that stupid ? If that really is the case, then it either because the Chinese are deliberately sending some sort of message, or somebody or bodies are freelancing using Chinese Govt facilities. If the Chinese didn't want to be fingered, they sure as hell would not be using IP addresses directly traceable to government facilities.

Finally the CIO of any financial institution that is not ensuring that their organization is engaged in the best security practices deserve to be fired, regardless of the origin of threats whether from organized crime in Russia, Chinese Govt "hackers" or aliens from Mars.

Echelon:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECHELON

#18     Dec 23, 2007
  9. bgp

bgp

i never said i didn't like chinese. you missunderstood me. i don't like commies of any nation.

bgp

#19     Dec 23, 2007
  10. It's just not fair. Orientals have the highest IQ's on the planet as a group. There should be an intelligence handicap for even playing field. Looks like it's happening now, thank god. I never met a student with a 4.0 gpa 1560 SAT get rejected from Harvard till I met an "Oreintal".

Looks like somebody's looking after us dumb folks!

#20     Dec 25, 2007