MGB: Journal

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MGB, Aug 5, 2001.

1. MGB

MGB

Tuesday 14, 2001

Ah, another sweet day. I was up +400 within the first hour so that was good.

Then I was in a lucky trade around 11:35am when it shot up +1.5 pts. That brought my total to +1710.

I decided to stop trading since I didn't want to churn into negative territory (a bad habit, indeed).

Two net positive days so far this week. Three more to go.

MGB

#41     Aug 14, 2001
  2. Turok

Turok

>Then I was in a lucky trade around
    >11:35am when it shot up +1.5 pts. That
    >brought my total to +1710.

Congrats MGB on that nice trade. I attempted to get in short on the 11:33 candle as it bounced off the .50 resistance. I didn't get a fill, didn't chase it and 2 minutes later was SOOOO glad I didn't. That thing BLASTED in one candle with no warning (that I could read).

Just for interest, my methods had NVDA short in all timeframes (1m,3m,15m) at that point. If you don't mind sharing, what method had you in long at that fortuitous moment?

Thanks

JB

#42     Aug 14, 2001
  3. Hitman

Hitman

MGB:

Glad to see you stopped and locked it in :)

Had you traded at my firm you would have been one of the top 25 traders of the day, a list that I have NEVER made (my best day was $5000, the number 25 was > $20000 lol).

As I said, I think your entry points are brilliant, fine tune your exit points and iron out the minor issues and you will make super size. Keep up the great work!

#43     Aug 14, 2001
  4. MGB

MGB

re: Turok
    <i>Just for interest, my methods had NVDA short in all timeframes (1m,3m,15m) at that point. If you don't mind sharing, what method had you in long at that fortuitous moment?</i>

On the 1 min chart, it looked like at reversal at 11:29am because the red bar gapped down and the long low shadow showed lack of bear power. This was followed by a gap up at 11:30am which I thought was a bullish signal. So, in I go. Unfortunately, thereafter it didn't keep going up and I decided to hold a little bit just in case it stalled and I actually had my finger on the Sell button ready to go at 11:33. Yet 11:34am was green so I waited another minute. And that was the luckiest minute of the day.

But you did short after 11:37am?

MGB

#44     Aug 14, 2001
  5. MGB

MGB

re: TradeRX
    <i>You were damned lucky in that trade. My guess is you were long at least 10 minutes before that spike. COMP was headed down...and NVDA with it. At some point in the trade you were down about 40-50 cents, recovered a bit, then fortune smiled and...CACHINGO!</i>

No, I had <b>quick of wit and steel in my bulls!</b> lol

MGB

#45     Aug 14, 2001
  6. Turok

Turok

>And that was the luckiest
    >minute of the day.

LOL. Ain't it sweet though!!

>But you did short after 11:37am?

Took the 11:39 candle for it's full length and bailed. Turns out I could have held through the spike and grabbed another .50 but I was very happy (and also stinking lucky that I wasn't caught in that squeeze)

NICE.

JB

#46     Aug 14, 2001
  7. tradeRX

tradeRX

MGB,

Good job. Glad to hear it! (I'm sure everyone here will be pleased to know that I missed that one. lol.)

#47     Aug 14, 2001
  8. Hitman

Hitman

No we are all glad you deleted your post :)

#48     Aug 14, 2001
  9. tradeRX

tradeRX

Hitman,

WHAT??

#49     Aug 14, 2001
  10. tradeRX

tradeRX

MGB,

Why don't you start a daily "Trading NVDA" thread? We'll have such fun comparing notes. :-D

tradeRX

#50     Aug 14, 2001