MFGlobal & PFG Best, we're rooked without your help

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by dangerkitty, Aug 1, 2012.

1. I've long thought that futures brokers should be part of an insurance scheme similar to SIPC (maybe even SIPC) and that segregation is so full of holes even the Swiss can't use it as cheese. But in the meantime aren't farmers and ranchers smart enough to figure out that there is sihnificant counter party risk in hedging -- in fact if you're well hedged it should be your only variable, your only risk --
    and that choosing a very well capitalized, rock solid counter party (IB comes to mind) and paying attention to the monthy CFTC reports is part of managing their business?

Treat the question as rhetorical because they appearently are not that smart. My wife gets an email with the CFTC capital report every month around the 11th and notifies me of any significant changes at any firm we have a credit balance at so I can look at the report. If you are not concerned with who owes you money what is it you think you should keep track of?

#71     Nov 4, 2013
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

3. Please understanding I am not a pro-Crzine guy and, if I had money at risk, I might have written exactly as you have. But the reality is his liberty is at stake and he will -- as we all would -- try to position himself to avoid doing time. Have the seperately segregated "30" account been treated the same as the US accounts?

#73     Nov 21, 2013
  4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR