MF Global stock down 35%

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by PohPoh, Jun 18, 2008.

1. I repeat my question . . .

GIVEN ALL OF THE ABOVE . . . WHY WOULD YOU EVEN WISH TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM?

:confused:

#51     Jun 23, 2008
  2. No . . . it has EVERYTHING to do with this thread because it goes to your motive and credibility in discussing "issues" concerning Man.

You say that they suck, and yet you still wanted to open an account with them after the Refco debacle.

You make perfect sense.
    And yet another convoluted thread on ET.

Congratulations!
    :)

#52     Jun 23, 2008
  3. oy...
    I HAD an account with them after the Refco debacle..
    Remember, they bought the Refco book?

It was what I wanted to do at a later date that was shot down...but really, that's neither here nor there...totally irrelevent..

The thread's point is that the stock is down..
    BIG...
    Plenty of economic turmoil out there...
    What's going on?
    Is there a rogue trader (who wants to sell wheat at the top? MF Global does!)
    They DID buy Refco and Refco was full of doss cunts (remember? stock crashed, fraud, robbed FX accounts)..I have a 6 figure check missing from my bank account because of RefcoFX..
    So maybe there's a fraud?

What's so outrageous about that?

Admission: I am not long or short the stock, but I have several million shares of Schadenfraude

#53     Jun 23, 2008
  4. Cutten

Cutten

If you cannot even summon up the balls to short 100 shares of the stock (trading at a whopping $6.30 - that would be a gargantuan $630 position you would have on there), then why on earth should anyone take your bearish ranting seriously?

#54     Jun 24, 2008
  5. Admittedly, I don't know much about stocks
    I don't have a stock account that I actively manage..
    My equities portfolio is handled by someone else..

...I'm a futures guy...

#55     Jun 24, 2008
  6. Exactly.

Moreover, I suspect that our dear friend "Pooh Pooh" was unable to come up with the new electronic platform fees that MF Global instituted. At Refco, they didn't charge that much for their futures trading platform ( you could pay a flat monthly rate or be charged per round turn ) and it was a pretty solid platform as I recall.

But after they absorbed Refco, Man was charging something like $1100 for their trading platform with no "pay-as-you-go" round-turn feature. You either had the money to pay the monthly fee of $1100, or you headed back to Lind-Waldock.

#56     Jun 24, 2008
  7. Hahaha...
    that's just plain wrong and you don't know what the xxxx you are talking about...

#57     Jun 24, 2008
  8. will MF hold 6? opinions?

#58     Jun 24, 2008
  9. As opposed to you, I'm actually an MF Global customer. Thus, I actually know a little bit more about the company than a moron like you.

But thanks for showing everyone here how much of a FOOL you are.

:D

#59     Jun 24, 2008
  10. Haha..OK Mr. Customer..
    You know about the company..
    You don't know fuck all..

Carry on with your one lots..

#60     Jun 24, 2008