MF Global stock down 35%

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by PohPoh, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Man purchased fraudsters...
    so what does that make them?
    Ethical businessmen?
    Their whole company is made up of the fraudsters from Refco..

Whether that means that Man IS committing fraud, I have NO idea...No proof..Never said I did..

My implication that we could have another REFCO on our hands was based purely on the activity of the stock...

See October 10th, 2005.

#41     Jun 20, 2008
  2. m22au

m22au

#42     Jun 20, 2008
  3. Interesting.

What evidence do you have that there are fraudulent employees currently working at MF Global?

#43     Jun 20, 2008
  4. Go make another call saying the market has reached a bottom.

#44     Jun 21, 2008
  5. Extrapolate!
    Think!
    If company A buys company B after company B just committed fraud, how long before company A realizes how many fraudsters they get in the deal?
    A WHILE...

In my attempt to do business with Man shortly after the Refco debacle and Man takeover, they were too busy weeding out the fraudsters within to do the due diligance required on new business...they can't catch them all...if they did, well, that's great...

If not, then all it takes is one rotten apple to mess up the barrel...

#45     Jun 21, 2008
  6. Sir, I'd normally tend to agree with you, but remember one facet of the market: buyers and sellers converging at an equillibrium price..

Consider the following attachment, it shows the 'Fair Market' yield curve for USD denominated Financial corp issues, from 3MO - 30Y...

They probably issued it at 8XX + some sort of spread beyond the curve.

#46     Jun 23, 2008
  7. For particulars on the issue, see attachment.

-lc

#47     Jun 23, 2008
  8. is the bottom finally in?

#48     Jun 23, 2008
  9. Now why would you want to open an account with alleged "fraudsters"???
    You don't make any sense.

Sounds like they turned you "down" and you've been bashing the company ever since.
    Typical ET.

#49     Jun 23, 2008
  10. Well, I wont get into it because it's totally irrelevant to the thread..
    But Man permeates with the lowest of the low in this business and if you don't know that, then I guess you don't know much..

Plus their customer service sucks and their back office is weaker than clock radio speakers...

#50     Jun 23, 2008