MF Global: customers with warehouse receipts get 72%

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by m22au, Dec 18, 2011.

1. asap

asap

i am still waiting to see evidence of wrong doing. some on this board might be upset because they lost money others because they want to join the pathetic bandwagon of obama friends are corrupt but none has yet pointed out where MF hasn't been playing by the rules.

the rules are poorly designed to withstand difficult times and the regulators should put break on the re-hypo shit that lead to a massive bet on junk debt using MF customer assets as collateral - true, but again, not MF's fault the regulation is completely flawed.

now, the idea that every time a company goes bust, the management has to be prosecuted is ludicrous. wtf?

#11     Dec 19, 2011
  2. The difference is that when it's in your own mattress, you can make sure a suitable level of safeguards are in place.

When it's in someone else's mattress - you can't.

#12     Dec 19, 2011
  3. sorry but this is just toooo funny. These guys holding physical gold/silver are the mega bears and they get run over by exactly what they are afraid of - a financial meltdown.

You can't make this stuff up.

#13     Dec 19, 2011
  4. +1

#14     Dec 19, 2011
  5. Daylight robbery with govt consent.

This keeps up and hopefully someone will make a comprehensive list of lowlife regulators, CME officials and other enablers who knew about this. Since the goons in govt won't do a thing and keep on making baseless regulations to enable thievery, people need to start being marked and then beaten into a bloody pulp in broad daylight. Without some violence nothing will change with the status quo.

#15     Dec 19, 2011
  6. Options12

Options12 Guest

Does anyone know if MF customers had a "mandatory arbitration" clause in their U.S. brokerage agreements?

If they did, was the clause canceled automatically when the firm went bankrupt?

#16     Dec 19, 2011
  7. Sorry but no megabear/goldbug equates a warehouse receipt with physical gold/silver. Goldbugs are all insane conspiracy theorists who believe ridiculous things - like a government so corrupt it would steal gold warehoused under an individual's name in a major depository. Those crazy goldbugs....

#17     Dec 20, 2011
  8. I agree, risk management is a vital element of trading or investing - pretty obvious. I'm saying that the MF debaucle is new data. To me this event, the lack of prosecution, and the way it is being handled, indicates an unacceptable level of risk in the futures market. If on the other hand, you don't care since "doing business with a third party" always involves risk - then I hear Nigerian bonds have an attractive rate of return.

#18     Dec 20, 2011
  9. #19     Dec 20, 2011
  10. m22au

m22au

Actually you just made it up - because these people were not holding physical gold/silver. They were holding warehouse receipts for the metal. Which is not "physical".

#20     Dec 21, 2011