Mexico government warns citizens about travel to Arizona

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Kassz007, Apr 27, 2010.

1. I was going to post this in the other thread on the same subject but after a quick glance in there is appears to have degenerated into a flame war.

http://travel.ca.msn.com/canadianpress-article.aspx?cp-documentid=24046319

I did not fully grasp the magnitude or importance of this law until I read this statement from the Mexican government.

It says that the law's passage shows "an adverse political atmosphere for migrant communities and for all Mexican visitors."

"it should be assumed that any Mexican citizen could be bothered and questioned for no other reason at any moment."

Was this Arizona's intention? Keep out all immigrants, specifically Mexicans, through intimidation and fear?

2. ... LOL ... "travel" ... ummm ... perhaps a better term would be "illegal border crossings"

3. I find the Mexican Government's reaction amusing.

A few years ago my wife and I were on vacation in Mexico and a serious crime was committed in the hotel we were staying in. Since it happened right up the hall from us, we were questioned by police. Standard police procedure.

The first thing the police asked for was our passports. When my wife couldn't immediately locate hers, she was taken downstairs and put in a police car. I found her documents after looking through her luggage and she was released. But here's the bottom line. We were treated like tourists until my wife couldn't produce her "documents." Then we were treated like criminals.

Mexico shouldn't be criticizing Arizona. They're even worse.

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

"Mexico government warns citizens about travel to Arizona"

Good!

5. Mnphats

Mnphats

Illegally enter mexico, and its considered a felony.

6. Does Mexico have a law requiring you to carry ID?

7. That's 100% true. Many people don't realize how much worse they are with regard to this issue. They are fcking Nazis about this issue, they don't need to say shit. They charge you with a felony if you enter the country illegally.

8. If you are a non-white american citizen, you can also forget abt going to arizona unless you like to travel in a police state

9. Ricter

Ricter

Good point. One's conservativism will not hide their black hair and brown skin.

10. Hasn't hurt white travel to Mexico too much. As long as they stay to certain tourist designated areas, Caucasians have no problems in Mexico.

#10     Apr 27, 2010