Mexicans Show Class--Boo Miss USA

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, May 30, 2007.

1. Hook it up to the internet. There was a site where you could go online and shoot deer in some guy's backyard. That's what they need to do with illegal immigrants on the border. Internet shooting. This way people don't have to get their hands dirty, and it's like a video game.

Automatic weaponry controlled via internet.

#31     May 30, 2007
  2. As long as we get $100 a head "bounty fee" I am in...:p

#32     May 30, 2007
  3. OK, for the sake of debate, how would you secure the borders? If the invaders have no fear of being shot, detained, arrested....what's to stop them?

#33     May 30, 2007
  4. Knyyt

Knyyt

Plastic bullets, pellets, tear gas... no problem.. sign me up.
    once the word get's out the consequences of their actions it
    the crossings would stop.

~

I think most people do not have a problem with "spanish" people working / living here. I think it is more of a fustration issue of seeing our goverment not enforcing it's own laws, and seeing immigrants not willing to assimulate our culture. Could be wrong, but that's basically what i hear when i have conversations with others.

#34     May 30, 2007
  5. At this point I don't believe it's practically possible at all. Maybe after the first Amensty in 1985....but not now. But Reagan fuxxed that to...there was no enforcment...there was intention of enforcment.

However, to declare illegal now is a giggler. After living in L.A. and other parts of SoCal for years and years....it's not gonna happen now....no way, no how. The horse waaaaay outta the barn.

good luck.

#35     May 30, 2007
  6. cstfx

cstfx

I think every US citizen illegally inside Mexico should demonstate in the streets and bring Mexico City to a standstill!

Oh, wait...

#36     May 30, 2007
  7. You didn't answer my question, but I'll answer yours anyways.
    My ideas for securing the border would cost a lot more than yours, but at least mine are ethical, and no one gets murdered:

Set up a double-fence system across the entire length of the U.S.-Mexico border. One fence is placed right on the border, and the other about five miles in. All territory between the two fences is declared an off-limits, illegal military zone. Put the U.S. military out on the border en masse, and give them all the technological tools they need to detect and quickly intercept trespassers.

Any illegal migrants caught in the military dead-zone get put on a ship and sent all the way down to <b>southern</b> Mexico, which is over a thousand miles from the U.S. border, and punishment enough to make them think twice about trying another attempt at crossing our border. To make this punishment a bit harsher, the men could be separated from the women, and then dropped a few hundred miles apart from each other down in southern Mexico.

In addition, a committee should be formed to investigate how different countries around the globe deal with illegal border jumpers, helping us learn what works to keep them out, and what does not. The better, more successful non-lethal methods could then be adopted here.

#37     May 30, 2007
  8. Knyyt

Knyyt

#38     May 30, 2007
  9. cstfx

cstfx

The largest source of revenue for the Mexican economy is the vast stores of crude oil that they sell on the open market, the US being the biggest buyer of this oil.

The second greatest source of revenue is the money that the workers ship home from their jobs here to their families back in Mexico.

Of course the Mexican gov't wants them to come here. Here is where the money is!

#39     May 30, 2007
  10. Great idea! I'd support that 100%, but you and I know it won't happen. We won't be gunning them down at the border either. Our government hasn't the stones to do what needs to be done.
    BTW, I didn't answer you question directly because there is no way to actually demonstrate what I'd actually do. Would I, could I, actually gun down an entire family crossing the border. In truth, probably not. Could I shoot adult males crossing...in a blink and without any remorse. But, like I said, no way to prove it.
    At any rate, I'd be happy to concede to your idea. How do we make that happen?

#40     May 30, 2007