Mexicans Sending Money to their relatives IN THE UNITED STATES

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Nov 16, 2009.

1. i recieved the same respone when i had to dig out an oil tank at a property.....it was just to expose the top of it & took about 3 hours for him to do it.when he finished washing up & handed him $50 bucks,$20 above & beyond the appropriate rate of $10 bucks an hour...........he would`nt accept it as he laughed & said he needs $120 for the day,wether it`s an hour or 10 hrs...& he was serious.

I pointed to the shovel he was using & a bag of lime against the garage.....& told him he just dug his own grave if he wants to keep pressing it like he was......arrogant,rude & cocky wiseass.
    after some more negotiaions,we settled on lunch for him as a concession & he still walked away pissed off.

#31     Nov 17, 2009
  2. He was upset because he was looking for a full day of work and not a couple of hours for $50. You have to understand that they are hired by the day and not by the hour. Whether he works 3 hours or 8 he still have to devote his day to you, get breakfast, lunch and pay for the transportation. Once he is done working for you chances of getting another gig that day are slim since most of the serious offers come in the morning.
    Next time try hiring a company to do this job and I assure you a contractor would ask at least 400% more for that particular job.

#32     Nov 17, 2009

3. I am amazed at the bravery of some of the people hiring undocumented workers and pissing them off or threatening them. I guess people do not realize how easy it is to pour liquid plumber on that shiny car or have a little bit of sugar added to your fuel tank, or have a unusual design etched on the hood with one of the Latin American soccer team's name.
    BTW if you were going to be honest, the negotiation part should have taken part BEFORE the job was completed. It would have been fair and both parties would have a chance to either enter the contract or walk away.
    The way I see it is that you picked this guy off the street, drove him to your place, he completed the job and then you decided to pay him what you deemed to be accurate. When he displayed displeasure, you threatened him and basically told the guy you would bury him 6 ft. under (which would be hard since you would need another Mexican to dig the hole LOL). Yea I would like to see you act like that in a legal place of work. Talk about rude, arrogant and cocky.

#33     Nov 17, 2009
  4. it was explained to him what i was seeking before he entered my vehicle,you dope.........i did him more than solid for someone whom does`nt belong in this country in the first place.....not trying to take advantage of the situation but providing someone less fortunate with an opprtunity.

being that you`re evidently an ethical bullshitter,perhaps i should`ve taxed him accordingly as well according to his tax bracket........or handed him a W9?

#34     Nov 17, 2009
  5. Link please.

Anecdotally, a MD level doctor I know who is asian indian is on the cusp of returning home. They hate the states. Anecdotal, but everything starts on the margins.

#35     Nov 17, 2009
  6. marketwizards

marketwizards Guest

Another loser fake news by the media.

buylowsellhi lives in this website 'REPOSTING' b.s. news

#36     Nov 17, 2009
  7. jorgez

jorgez

Let me guess
    You have traveled and lived outside the US.

jorge

#37     Nov 17, 2009
  8. zdreg

zdreg

#38     Nov 17, 2009

9. A bit - 40 countries and change, including living in MX for about 6 months.

#40     Nov 17, 2009