Mexican Rebels Claim Pipeline Attacks

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by JayS, Sep 10, 2007.

1. JayS

JayS

2. archon

archon

Saw this story and it brought a smile to my face. You don't hear about many leftist/marxist/communist terrorist groups anymore. It reminds of the good old days back in the cold war when all we had to worry about were a few reds.....:p

3. The irony is that this kind of stuff hurts everyone from rich to poor and does nothing. Do they really think they're going to bring Pemex to their knees?

But I can tell that many Mexican nationals feel that the state run monopolies funnel off the funds from the oil and gas to various corrupt sources. There's a great deal of resentment there, so I'm not surprised...

4. You dont think to danger posed by the USSR equates with the current threat? You are mad that was a much greater threat where one country has enough WMDs to incinerate the planet compared to a group of guy in the hills who got lucky.

Lets not forget all the proxy wars that both sides conducted maybe you should ask the peoples of say South/Central America Vietnam, Angola? Just because a major war was averted doesnt mean there was no threat