Methods for gaining muscle and losing fat

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Baron, Jul 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. achilles28

achilles28

Thought I'd post a quick update: Baron inspired me to get back in the gym alittle over a year ago. In that time, I went from a slovenly 220 lbs with a 42 inch waist, to ~230 with a 36 inch waist. Squat 365. DL 450. Incline dumbbell 85's. My body looks totally different. Started clomid about a month ago, for low testosterone. Haven't noticed much improvement in strength or bedroom heroics. Thinking about adding an AI, as I think estradoil may be too high and crushing libido.

Overall, I feel and look much better. Chicks really dig muscles. No doubt about it. I incorporated 2 tablespoons of fish oil a day, and one healthy salad (kale, carrots, red peppers, broccoli, cauliflower), and it's taken 8 years off my face. Really improves complexion. With all that, girls as young as 18-19 will stare and flirt with me now. Pretty good for a guy who's turning 36 in a month. Now, all I have to do is get my testosterone and libido squared away and I might end up having a very fun life :p

#831     Nov 13, 2013
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

That's awesome to hear achilles28! The problem with things like clomid and HCG is that they stimulate the Testicles to produce Testosterone but that Test is EASILY converted to estrogen, especially in older males which have an abundance of Aromatase in their systems. I can't remember if you posted your age before, but an AI is something that becomes more and more valuable once you're over 40 years old. The overall effect of an AI will be an increase in Testosterone while lowering estrogen levels at the same time. But you have to take baby steps with an AI, making sure that you don't decimate your estrogen levels by doing too much of the AI. Various AI's and other ancillaries can be found at http://www.ar-r.com

Good luck!

#832     Nov 13, 2013
  3. achilles28

achilles28

Thanks Baron. Much appreciated :) What would you recommend for an AI? I've read on steroid forums that too low - or too high - estradiol, can ruin libido and performance. Broscience, yes. But sometimes the guinea pigs know more than medical practitioners. What do you think about a stand-alone AI? Helpful? btw im 35:)

#833     Nov 13, 2013
  4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Exemestane is the preferred choice as a standalone AI.

You should consider getting your hormone levels checked so you can at least have a baseline before trying an AI or experimenting with anything else of that nature. You may be surprised at what you find out.

#834     Nov 14, 2013
  5. vinc

vinc

to gain mooore muscles you guys need to eat MORE piglets.. especially those ones which were smashed against the wall !
    what do you guys do with all these muscles? there is no way to use them as in ' majority of cases you'll end up in court :) / if you don't get shot before../

#835     Nov 17, 2013
  6. To lose fat is very easy.

#836     Nov 17, 2013
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

#837     Nov 17, 2013
  8. Baron, how are the workouts going these days? Any changes to your regimen since you last reported?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    #838     Jun 29, 2015
  9. Baron

Baron ET Founder

#839     Jun 30, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.