Methods for gaining muscle and losing fat

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Baron, Jul 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eat 8X your weight in calories. Avoid simple carbs and liquid fat, eat 50g of fiber throughout the day. Dont eat 4 hours before you go to sleep. Get a min of 7.5 hours of sleep. Alternate 1 day 60 min edurance cardio with core work and 1 days with HITT cardio and major muscle group weights.

8X is not sustainable in the long run, 10x to 12 should be more realistic when desired weight is reached.

Layering can help you shed water weight, it just needs to be managed.

#31     Jul 25, 2011
  2. morganist

morganist Guest

#32     Jul 25, 2011

3. rumors according to Wiki:

Maria Calis
    [/QUOTE]

During 1953 and early 1954, she lost almost 80 pounds (36 kg), turning herself into what Maestro Rescigno called "possibly the most beautiful lady on the stage".[11] Sir Rudolf Bing, who remembered Callas as being "monstrously fat" in 1951, stated that after the weight loss, Callas was an "astonishing, svelte, striking woman" who "showed none of the signs one usually finds in a fat woman who has lost weight: she looked as though she had been born to that slender and graceful figure, and had always moved with that elegance."[27] Various rumours spread regarding her weight loss method; one had her swallowing a tapeworm, while Rome's Pantanella Mills pasta company claimed she lost weight by eating their "physiologic pasta", prompting Callas to file a lawsuit.[8] Callas stated that she lost the weight by eating a sensible low-calorie diet of mainly salads and chicken.[13]

#33     Jul 25, 2011
  4. large salad and hamburger does not give you all of this each day.........

http://kjaustin.myvi.net/Resource/DbFile/?f=Vi-Shape_Ingredients.pdf

http://kjaustin.myvi.net/Resource/DbFile/?f=Vi-pak_Ingredients.pdf

Plus, I want good protien each day that will assimilate into my body for muscle mass building without the hormones or estrogen problems (man-boobs....LOL!)....now I have just that. At age 47, I need to make sure I am getting excellent nutrition everyday for good heart health and disease prevention.

I have also saved a ton of money by drinking a nutritional shake twice a day (about $2.00 cost) versus all the money I was spending on eating out or expensive organic grocieries. Once I am down to 197, then I will go on a typical one shake a day nutritional maintenance like bodybuilder Mr Olympia Vince Taylor does (he uses BodyByVi too).

#34     Jul 25, 2011
  5. IMO losing weight and building muscle are two different things. Cardio goes a long way towards helping you reach a desired weight.

#35     Jul 25, 2011
  6. Having a mechanism to fuel building muscle mass is important though for those working out as a part of the process to lose weight.

#36     Jul 25, 2011
  7. Eat less, exercise more.

Sorry, couldn't resist :D I found the best ways are to do enjoyable things that burn calories. You won't keep up unenjoyable activity for a lifetime, so no point trying. Fun ways to burn calories:

Sex
    Martial arts
    Mosh pits
    Hunting
    Swimming

Being a lazy git, I only do some of those, so I don't fully practise what I preach. Still, I'm only about 10lbs overweight, not too bad.

Then, on the diet side, just go for slightly less unhealthy options. Instead of beer, drink champagne, whisky, or cognac. Instead of junk food at the drive-in, eat sushi and fresh fruits off the bodies of naked women. Instead of chocolate and ice cream dessert, have strawberries or pineapple.

#37     Jul 26, 2011
  8. Kind of along the lines of this topic......what kind of MILK do you all drink?

I use unsweetened almond milk in my super nutritional shakes or with cereal. I don't drink standard milk you would typically buy from the store (the pasteurized & homogenized garbage). Any of you use Rice milk? I don't like using Soy milk since a lot of it is made with GMO crops....any other types of milk that you use?

#38     Jul 26, 2011
  9. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I switched over to Almond Milk about a year ago. I've recently been trying to do the unsweetened kind, but I haven't been able to commit to that 100% yet.

#39     Jul 26, 2011
  10. Joe

Joe

Baron, what time do you go to bed; cutting carbs off at 6pm that's crazy early.

I leave the office at 6pm. Make dinner at 7:30.

What time do you wake up, hinting at finding out your meal schedule?

#40     Jul 26, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.