Methods and Systems Only

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by TriPack, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Flier6,

Interesting. You've taken the method a step further by incorporating stops and exits. My initial plan was to let the entry points also act as stops, since you would be, in effect, bracketing the market. If you are able to post a chart with the computerized points that you've programmed, I'd be very interested to see it. If you have time, of course. Also, I had never tested the method on a intraday basis. I'll have to look at some charts with different timeframes and see how it looks. Hapy trading! :)

Lizard

#41     Oct 15, 2002
  2. Alert to TriPack - there is an interesting "SP trend following System" trading method currently being discussed on the Home page.

Also, my personal thanks for your efforts. One of the methods presented examined in a different light an idea that I have been working on.

Thanks again.

:)

#42     Oct 16, 2002
  3. I've already posted plenty on my system. It works perfectly.

#43     Oct 16, 2002
  4. #44     Oct 26, 2002
  5. #45     Apr 21, 2003
  6. T-REX

T-REX

7. I like this, so I will contribute.

take a 14 period stochastic.
    take the stochastic of rsi(14).
    watch for divergence on the stoc of rsi from the plain stoc.

Enter short or long on any accompanying candle signal.

Use 4 point stop
    Close at end of day.

#47     Nov 2, 2003
  8. pspr

pspr

How do you take a stochastic of rsi since stochastic requires the high low and close of each bar? Do you mean rsi of stochastic?

#48     Nov 2, 2003
  9. No, stochastic of rsi.

In EL....Stochastic(rsi(h,14)),(rsi(l,14)),(rsi(c,14)),14,2,3,1......

Connie Brown teaches something like this in her book...she uses something called a composite indicator. She didn't give the formula for it, but the Stoc of rsi acts very similar by way of being a confirmation of rsi.

#49     Nov 2, 2003
  10. Stratcat

Stratcat

Personally my method is to go in and lose money every day but for a fully explained successful method the only trading book I have read that gives this instead of vague trading rules is The Logical Trader - Mark Fisher. www.mfcc.com

:)

#50     Feb 5, 2004