Methods and Systems Only

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by TriPack, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Looks like anyone can add to this thread. Only TriPak can add to the GEMS thread. I, for one, appreciate that, and applaud it. That way I can go to that thread and know that I don't have to sift thru the inane banter that I post, and the baloney, bashing, and vulgarity that others like to post.

:)

#31     Oct 11, 2002
  2. inandlong summed it up well. I plan to keep the other thread around for a while and just have it stay in the general format of a short description, quote and link. If people have methods they would like to post or discuss the methods of others, they can do so here in this thread or in some other thread of their choosing. After I'm alerted either in this thread or via PM to methods posted on ET I make the appropriate additions to the Gems thread.

#32     Oct 12, 2002
  3. Speaking of which, doher has posted a method under the "Always in" thread. It is complete with rules of entry, stoploss, and exit. It looks neat.

One of the beauties of the thirty minute trend is it is long enough to capture nice moves and short enough not to give it all back the way moving average methods can.

#33     Oct 12, 2002
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Smart.

--Db

#34     Oct 12, 2002
  5. flier6

flier6

Lizardgizzard,
    I've been trying your method on the e-min s&p and have been getting some decent results!

Care to share any details about the systems you mentioned that require less risk? :D

#35     Oct 12, 2002
  6. Hey, that's great to hear. It is nice to know we are creating some value here, by hearing from someone who is profitably using a method posted on ET by another ET member. To me this is exactly what this place should be all about.

#36     Oct 12, 2002
  7. Amen TriPack!

#37     Oct 12, 2002
  8. Flier6,

Great to hear! Did you use it on an intraday basis or on a daily basis as mentioned? Very curious, as I only tested and tested but never actually traded this one. Gotta run right now. Will post later and address your question.

Lizard:)

#38     Oct 13, 2002
  9. Trend guy,good question. Probably some would share a good system because they use a better one.

Others would ''for educational purposes only'',like the 10 year back tested systems in ;

Active Trader mag.

Technical Analysis of Stocks and Co. mag

They have been known to give awayb a free mag.:cool:

#39     Oct 14, 2002
  10. flier6

flier6

Lizard,
    I've been demo trading it using 5 minute and 15 minute charts. I just wrote a simple indicator in TradeStation that puts a little mark on the current bar with the computed buy/sell signals.

I've been experimenting with different combinations of stops and targets. This is the tricky part (obviously). Using a stop 2 ticks away from the entry with a target of 4 ticks (1 es point) has worked good so far.

:cool:

#40     Oct 14, 2002