Methods and Systems Only

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by TriPack, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Ditch

Ditch

I don't get your point:confused:

#21     Oct 11, 2002
  2. ddefina

ddefina

As a modification of the "line in the sand" method, mentioned by inandlong I believe, try the following:

1) Your line is the Pivot point in the ES or NQ.
    2) Go long 1 point above this line or maybe 2-3 on NQ
    3) Hold trade til close or it crosses 1 point below Pivot point, or use trailing stop of 5 points or profit target of at least 2.5x risk. After 5 points of profit, move stop to breakeven on ES, 10 points for NQ.
    4) If decent profit intraday, hold overnight and close on crossing of current days' pivot point. Repeat and rinse.
    5) If you get stopped out, and the index trades on the other side of the line, wait for a retracement to within a couple points of line and go short approaching from below or long from above. Place stop 1 point on other side of line (preferably behind whole number).
    6) Stopped out twice in one day quit.

I'll do some testing and modifications to this. Maybe we can come up with a basic functional trading system to use as a core for other ideas.

:)

#22     Oct 11, 2002
  3. Yes that clarifies. While I'm asking, what do you use to exit?

#23     Oct 11, 2002
  4. Ditch

Ditch

I place my stop one tick below the low/high of the retracement, for targets I watch a stochastic(7,4,10) to reach overbought/sold levels and to turn down from there. Should I reach a profit of 10 pts I always exit.

#24     Oct 11, 2002
  5. Ditch

Ditch

These are the trades I made today using this setup

#25     Oct 11, 2002
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

No point, really. Just one less thing to watch.

--Db

#26     Oct 11, 2002
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Regarding this particular chart, didn't you jump the gun a bit on your first trade?

--Db

#27     Oct 11, 2002
  8. Ditch

Ditch

No, my first trade was closed at a loss of -2. I didn't SAR, but waited for the first MACD-crossover in the direction of the SMA

#28     Oct 11, 2002
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your first trade. Is your entry shown on this chart?

--Db

#29     Oct 11, 2002
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

BTW, TriPack, what distinction are you making between this thread and the GEMS thread?

--Db

#30     Oct 11, 2002