Method for estx & bund

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by arzoo, Jul 18, 2007.

1. arzoo

arzoo

I've been observing the estx and bund lately to try and figure out what general strategy would fit these 2 markets. I'm steering away from the dax even if this looks like the most volatile one. Personally, i guess it's movements are too fast for my comfort.

I've been able to notice a few things like volatility isnt too great, and the day's atr doesnt really get that large.

My question is, for guys who make a living trading these 2 instruments is what general strategy fits them better?

Like is it trend following, breakouts, pivots, oscillators, or any other?

I'd really appreciate some suggestions as to what basic type of methodology to start looking at and if possible what time frame looks to be better.

Thanks.

2. Sundog

Sundog

You could try to spread the Estx50 vs. DAX. Since both futures are highly correlated. Or use at least one as a crutch to trade the other. Use Ma´s or whatever to see any divegence between both of them. After a while if watch both markets simultaneously you get a good feel, where to enter.

Sundog

3. > My question is, for guys who make a living trading these 2 i > nstruments is what general strategy fits them better?

> Like is it trend following, breakouts, pivots, oscillators, or any > other?

(I just joined ...)

I think a strategy for BUND should be pretty much the same as those for TY.

Perhaps, trend following position trading could work.