MetaTrader Plugin for Trading in the Past?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by binar, Aug 22, 2008.

1. binar

binar

Fellow Forum Members,
    I am demo trading using Metatrader. I want to know if there is a plugin for this software application that will enable me to execute trades using historical data. Compared to using a live data feed, using historical data enables one to make a lot more trades since it decreases the amount of time one has to wait around to see what the market does when swing trading.

Currently, Metatrader has a feature that enables one to go back in time in a Chart by turning off the Autoscroll. What I'm seeking to do is a lot more. I want to execute a trade exactly how it's done as though I was connected to a live data feed. This includes the ability to enter buy/sell orders, setup a stop loss and at the end have a Historical Statement on how many Pips I made trading on data from the past and not a live data feed.

The only software application that seems to be able to let one demo trade in the past is an app called Forex Tester (www.forextester.com). However, this app will not let me import my custom Metatrader indicators and templates and therefore I can't use it.

If anyone out there knows of a plugin that will convert Metatrader to a demo trading platform that utilizes historical data please let me know where I could buy such a plugin. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. euclid

euclid