MetaTrader Plugin for Trading in the Past?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by binar, Aug 22, 2008.

1. binar

Fellow Forum Members,
    I am demo trading using Metatrader. I want to know if there is a plugin for this software application that will enable me to execute trades using historical data. Compared to using a live data feed, using historical data enables one to make a lot more trades since it decreases the amount of time one has to wait around to see what the market does when swing trading.

Currently, Metatrader has a feature that enables one to go back in time in a Chart by turning off the Autoscroll. What I'm seeking to do is a lot more. I want to execute a trade exactly how it's done as though I was connected to a live data feed. This includes the ability to enter buy/sell orders, setup a stop loss and at the end have a Historical Statement on how many Pips I made trading on data from the past and not a live data feed.

The only software application that seems to be able to let one demo trade in the past is an app called Forex Tester ( However, this app will not let me import my custom Metatrader indicators and templates and therefore I can't use it.

If anyone out there knows of a plugin that will convert Metatrader to a demo trading platform that utilizes historical data please let me know where I could buy such a plugin. Thanks in advance for any help.
  2. euclid