MetaTrader 4: We did it!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Fat, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Fat

Fat

MetaQuotes Software Corp. Press Release

2. How guys you can say:
    "we did it!".
    When the main function "strategy tester ", still doesn't work. I would say it's only a half of job is done.If it's soo hard to write a new "strategy tester ", then at least add the old one from mt3.
    and don't say :
    "tester will be soon".
    you been saying that for a long time ago.

3. Fat

Fat

Dear Mr. Killmenow

You`ll find new Strategy Tester in this version of MetaTrader4 Client Terminal. And thats why we can say: "Its done"

4. flakac

flakac

How about the API? When will be released?

5. Fat

Fat

Dear Flakac,

Client API, as it was in MetaTrader 3, is not sheduled. Instead of that we are planning to release API for developing external plugins, which will extend functional abilities. For example, export of realtime data to external file.

6. Typical bullshit. "We did it", means we need to make some sales before we mobilize the funds to finish the programming.

Good luck with that.
    Lefty

7. flakac

flakac

Means it that automatic trading systems developed without crappy MQL4 will be dead?

8. Fat

Fat

I thought you can read:D "We did it", means that we finally did it.

9. Fat

Fat

Flakas, MQL 4 is not crappy. API as it was in MetaTrader 3 will not be realized, but using MQL 4 you can use external programs. Try to check /experts/sample directory in root of MetaTrader 4 client terminal.

10. Soo does it mean i can run mt4 strategy tester ?
    i have attached "macd sample" expert advisor and I can not run strategy tester at all neither from View -> Strategy tester nor with Ctrl+R. I've installed 173 version.If it's included , why it's not available for testing?

#10     Jun 16, 2005