MetaTrader 4 Mobile for Smartphones development started

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Fat, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Fat

Fat

MetaQuotes Software Corp. has started the development of the new mobile terminal, MetaTrader 4 Mobile for Smartphones.

The new mobile terminal will work on smartphones under the following operating systems:
    - Windows Mobile 2003 SE for Smartphone;
    - Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone Edition.

The following functions will be available in the terminal:
    - viewing of quotes, news, charts, and internal mail;
    - set of technical indicators;
    - sound alerts;
    - complete support of trading;
    - all security modes (the standard 128-bit encrypting + RSA 1024 bit);
    - LiveUpdate system;
    - multilanguage interface.

2. Sounds cool please do keep me apprised as to when it will be available. I have a Cingular 8525 Windows Mobile 5.0 ARM processor and would be excited to be able to trade on it.

Thanks!

3. is this a sneaky way of advertising for the new software? ask about something, and presto someone has what you're looking for? seems kinda fishy to me...

4. Where's the "ask" part?

First, a somewhat vague announcement of future extension ("started the development"... wow... I'd better sit down) of a well-known, years-old, FREE software to a portable platform. No target date, time frame or anything.

Then, 6 month later, a question-free post.

Yes, very fishy. Clearly a conspiracy. In a Bizarro World.

5. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83886

started from this post.

6. sorry if that somehow came across as ingenuine, but I assure you I am not related in anyway to the original poster and/or his company. After I had posted that other question, I decided that maybe I should try the search feature as well. (I guess I should've searched before asking the question.)

I tried to see if I could send him a private message through the board, but I got an error saying that the member had his profile setup to not receive private messages so I posted a response. Anyhow I am indeed actually just looking for something to use personally. Hopefully they'll turn out something that works and is economical or if it'll just be vaporware and empty promises... but I can see how you might have thought that the posting was not genuine, and it indeed would be a clever way to advertise :)

7. OK, I see. You might've provided a link, rather than assume that everyone is reading the same threads you are, at the same time. :)

For all we know, Fat or someone else saw carbtrader's post and sent him a PM. Or carbtrader did a simple search.

In any case, as mentioned, MT4 is free, so hard to see anything fishy going on here.

8. "FREE software to a portable platform"
    Nope, it's not FREE I paid $45 for the Treo version.
    It's free if you get from certain brokers, if you open a live account with them.