MetaStock vs. TradeStation

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Norm, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

We do translate 90+ percent of EasyLanguage code. We don't translate ELS,ELD . We only translate the text versions of the code. This is protected under the first amendment to our constitution, freedom of speech.

If I did ELS and ELD you would have been correct. I am allowed to translate anyone free expression to any form I want. I guess if you don't like this idea maybe you own a lot of TradeStation stock or something. Most people like to have freed to choose what product they want to use.

Many traders have a lot invested in EasyLanguage so we want to allow them to use our platform without losing their investment.

TradeStation does not own the trademark on these words in their language. They do for PaintBar, ShowMe and a few other but not these.

In terms of your attack on the site, many people like our site. You talk about it like the programmer who does the site like he also works on the product. Well TradersStudio is far from a one-man gang. We have a team of programmers, which I manage. We also have a web master as well as other web developers. The web development staff is totally different than the development staff the product. Your comment that a miss spelled word means the product is bad, is totally ludicrous.

#31     Oct 20, 2005
  2. why hasn't your product been reviewed by 3rd party?

#32     Oct 21, 2005
  3. Firstly, the word you are apparently searching for is misspelled, not miss spelled.

Second, the comment is far from ludicrous. It is a fact that a company which would allow a spelling error in the text of perhaps its most important document (that is, the first contact document for potential customers) does not have an 'attention to detail' focus. I personally would never buy software from a company that couldn't be bothered to make sure that the text on its website was accurate. What about the code?

No one is saying that the developer should be able to spell in this or that language. The point is that the English language website must contain accurate English spelling.

A professional response to a post like PoundtheRock's would be to come on here, apologize for the mistake in a forthright manner, and then make sure the mistake is corrected immediately. The last thing you want to do, as a businessman, is to attack those who point out valid mistakes that your company has made. It shows that you don't have the maturity to say 'yes, you're right - this is a problem and here is what we are going to do to fix it'.

Also, when the developer feels the need to hijack every thread which could even remotely be interpreted as relating to his product, I become extremely suspicious. This kind of activity speaks to the personality of the developer, something that will be reflected in the product he designs.

#33     Oct 21, 2005
  4. There are formulae that indicate divergences in both Amibroker and Metastock that I know of, and I am sure they exist for the other programs you mentioned.

The free code I have seen still needs a bit of discretionary analysis; I haven't seen anything that could be automated but it probably exists. How good are your programming chops?

This is Jose Silva's Metastock site. He sells his stuff but he is a very good programmer and a very helpful member of the MS Yahoo group. He has a MACD/price divergence indicator; you can see the details via the link above.

http://www.metastocktools.com/

There are Amibroker divergence indicators available in the public domain

#34     Oct 21, 2005
  5. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

I would like to comment on the posting of PoundTheRock and TraderNik

My first point is that he did say that the misspellings where in the testimonials. We publish these as is, after we receive them we ask them to send a confirming E-Mail that we can use them. We don't feel we should change them without going back though the process. This is why the web master most likely did not catch or change this. We put them up as received. If we edited our testimonials then you should have a bigger issue with us than the few misspellings. If he wanted to private message me with what misspelling he found , we can ask permission from the customers to correct them.

His comment stating that TradersStudio’s language is a blatant rip-off of EL, was my main problem with him, because as I explained this is not the case. If someone give me constructive criticism than that fine. For example we had a problem with people who used FireFox browser, they pointed out the first two front page tutorials did not work for them but the last two did. We changed all of our front-page tutorials to Flash, instead of using Java script in some of them. If I get detail about what we have done wrong or could do better we will fix it, Telling me "The Web site looks like it was designed by a kindergartener" does not tell me what needs to be done.

Our customers love our product and I am proud and someone protective of what I have done here with TradersStudio, sorry if I got defensive.

Your comment about hijack every thread misses the point that I pay for this right to be able to discuss my product. I have had many threads, which I have given valuable content, I just don’t post to sell TradersStudio or other products. One example is my Intermarket thread.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...6&highlight=intermarket analysis&pagenumber=1

I discussed some concepts here that I am sure some people have paid other traders good money to learn in the past.

It would be stupid of my not to try to make the most of the resources spent on marketing. I realize that if I don’t give good value then no one will read my threads, so my goal is to first give value in my posts, because if I do people will come to my site. This is a balancing act between promoting the product and being part of your group. I am very willing to answer any questions people would like to ask, on any technical analysis related topics, I have covered in my articles over the past 11 years.

I have had the question about independent reviews and why our product has not yet been reviewed. We have not submitted it for review because the major magazines only review the same product every 2-3 years at most, you can’t expect version 1.3 to be reviewed in June and version 2.0 in February of the following year. Remember Wealth-Labs was not reviewed for several years after it was first released. The first version they had reviewed supported real time. Because of this we decided to wait until my Real time product is ready. TradersStudio 2.0 will have the same new interface as the Real time product, but without the real time global server. Like TradeStation Offline, which was sold for a few years during the 1990’s. If you learn the 2.0 End of day product, the real time will have the same interface. TradersStudio 2.0 end of day will be a free upgrade to all existing customers, who purchase our current version. We will also offer them the real time product at a greatly reduced price.

#35     Oct 21, 2005
  6. Are you saying that you pay EliteTrader and in return you are given the right to promote your products on any thread on the site, as opposed to posting in the 'product forums' area?

If this is the case, I owe you an apology. I did not realize that private vendors could pay EliteTrader for the right to troll the forums and insert advertising wherever they want. I was under the impression that vendors could pay EliteTrader to start product-specific threads and advertise their products in that manner.

I visited your site and read all the material on several of the pages, and the best thing I can say is that we have a difference of opinion as to what constitutes an acceptable level of proofreading.

Once again, if it is true that by paying EliteTrader you have purchased the right to randomly troll the threads and insert advertising for your products wherever you see fit, I hope you will accept my sincere apologies.

traderNik

#36     Oct 21, 2005
  7. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

I am happy we have resolved this; I hope you and I can have constructive interchanges on this forum for the good of the members in the future.

I wanted to make one more point. I normally do try to start my own threads when I plan on talking about TradersStudio. I did not join this thread until; I saw a lot of talk about AmiBroker. If the thread remained only TradeStation-Metastock, I would not have started with bring up TradersStudio.
    In some topic, I will use TradersStudio code, just like someone else would use TradeStation code. I will try not to go off topic. You could also look at the Elliott wave threads I contributed to; I did not bring up TradersStudio because it did not fit.

I did purchase the right to market, but I do want to keep the members happy, having you upset with me does not help this forum or my purpose on it, so I will need to keep a balance.

#37     Oct 21, 2005
  8. cnms2

cnms2

Thanks
    :)

#38     Oct 22, 2005
  9. hsong001

hsong001

thanks

#39     Jun 20, 2009