MetaStock vs. TradeStation

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Norm, Sep 20, 2005.

1. @Murray Ruggiero

Your "comparison table" is completely incorrect when it comes to AmiBroker. Even considering 2004 status quo.
    Back then AmiBroker already INCLUDED money management for both futures and stocks, included optimization across basket of markets,
    customized reports, full featured programming langauge (not ONE but actually THREE - AFL, JScript and VBScript plus programmability with ANY language via DLL).

Also incorrect information is supplied in your table for WealthLab.

Regards,
    Tomasz Janeczko
    amibroker.com

#21     Oct 13, 2005
  2. a5519

a5519

Yes, the comparison with all products is wrong.

#22     Oct 13, 2005
  3. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

When the comparison chart was done we some of the products we had first hand knowledge of while others we did not. We used the content of the web site in order to put this together for AmiBroker. This was not done intentionality. The problem is that sometimes things slip though because we have many people working on this product,support and marketing.
    I designed TradersStudio, work with the development team and support people reports to me. Sometimes I delegate to others in my company and things like this can happen until someone points it out.

We both have software which sells in the space , that is a fact. My software allow people to use existing Easy Language code with just a few mouse clicks, while yours does not, that is a fact. It is also a fact that our software is not a internet download it comes with over 400 pages of step by step bound,indexed manuals, shipped on a CD. Our documentation in my opinion is the best in the business.

#23     Oct 13, 2005
  4. mindfull

mindfull

Can traderstudio support external DLLs which work with 2000i?

#24     Oct 15, 2005
  5. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

TradersStudio has declare statements which will let you call old fashion 32 bit DLL's, from our language. You could also write a wrapper for them in VB 6.0 or C++ which will make them COM objects which could be called directly from TradersStudio basic without having to include declare statements in your TradersStudio basic code. If you don't use code which access TradeStation internal buffers in your DLL, I think it called tskit.dll, it will work.

TradersStudio addin capabilities are modeled after Excel, you can even write addins which will add menu's to TradersStudio so you can even have your own dialog boxes in the addins if you write com servers in VB 6.0 or C++.

Please look at the LanguageReference help file. At the end of the help file the last Item is Developers API for VB 6.0 . This chapter will answer your questions.

#25     Oct 15, 2005
  6. I tried to open the languageref.zip file, but my PC
    showing empty link?:confused:

#26     Oct 15, 2005
  7. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

I just tried it and it worked , Not sure why you had a problem. Another option is that if you are login to TradersStudio you can download the language reference from this site. In order to be able to login you need to register which is free. This will also enable you to watch and download many free tutorials.

Register link

http://www.tradersstudio.com/Default.aspx?tabid=56

Link for the on line help files

http://www.tradersstudio.com/Default.aspx?tabid=58

Here is how to get there from the site menu

Support->Product online help menu

#27     Oct 15, 2005
  8. OK, I didn't RTFM to find the print function. I have thus eaten my keyboard.

Regarding the topic of backtesting in TS, I have eaten my mouse, which for some reason, tastes a bit worse.

Perhaps my opinion of Amibroker's "ease" in backtesting will change once I become familiar with TS strategies and performance optimization, resolutions, etc.

Note that I have typed this response with a backup keyboard and mouse.

#28     Oct 15, 2005
  9. cnms2

cnms2

Can any of these platforms code indicator divergences, i.e. MACD Histogram vs. Price?

Also, where could I find updated comparisons TradeStation vs. WealthLab, and AmiBroker vs. WealthLab?

Thanks.

#29     Oct 20, 2005
  10. Well, it's easy to translate 90% of EasyLanguage when you develop a language that's a blatant ripoff of EL. You could have at least changed "ExitLong" and "ExitShort" to something else (like some of the other obvious keywords).

You may want to correct all of the misspellings in the testimonials. I would not trust any software developer that does not have some attention to detail. The Web site looks like it was designed by a kindergartener.

#30     Oct 20, 2005