MetaStock Pro

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BCE, Dec 28, 2002.

1. BCE -

I just dropped TC2000 in favor of Reuters end of day data for about the same money. I was going to use esignal for data then I remembered the 100-symbol (or whatever you've signed up for) limit. I like to scan a universe of stocks (that total over 1000) and that's impossible with esignal. I use esig only for intraday bar collection using a neat little utility called QCollector.

I've never used 7.2 under XP so I can't tell you what the core differences are. I used it under W98 then briefly under 2k but not long enough to get a comparison of the 16/32-bit environment. I do know that 8.0 absolutely flies under XP.

Martin Pring's tutorials are obviously using W98 and it takes a long time for his demos to complete. For whatever that's worth, as we don't know how fast his machine was at the time (1999).

100 bucks - very well done! The going rate has been about 350-500 before the damn thing gets called off. Just once I'd like to see 1 auction end on time just to see a fair market value. 1695.00 is a total raping. Yes, MS is a great program but take away the backtester and really it's a trumped up TC2000.

That TC2000 was something else. For 30 a month the programming you can do with it was outstanding, but NO intraday data and that sucked.

There's a new 5.0 due out in Janueary that allows for multiple charts but I don't know it if's intraday or not.

#11     Dec 29, 2002
  2. BCE

BCE

Tech and Everyone,
    I get 200 symbols on eSignal which costs $25 extra per month. Didn't know there was a restriction on downloads into MS based on this. TC2000 has offered to renew my subscription for $20 a month so I may go for this if it makes it easier to update the data at the end of the day. TC2000 does have intraday updates but they're 20 minutes delayed. The RT version of TC2000 is TCNet which costs about $99 a month so that's definitely out. I just need to explore all these issues further. In my research this morning I'm realizing that MS Pro V7.03 would be better than 7.0 (and of course 7.2 even better). V7.03 is probably a free upgrade for license holders so as of now that unfortunately leaves me out. Don't know if any of you would be able to help me with this. I'd be glad to pay you or trade you. Don't know how big the file is and if you'd be able to email it to me or send it on a floppy or CD. I guess I need the eSignal version. If you think you'd be able to help please PM me. Much appreciated. This is the kind of thing they should just have available on their website for free like most everyone else does. Even Micro$oft does this for updates other than the full versions. Thanks again for your help guys.:)

#12     Dec 29, 2002