Metastock Pro FX

Discussion in 'Forex' started by MiamiHurricanes, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Metastock Pro FX
    (Parallel Thread to Software ›› New datafeed from Metastock/Reuters)

Will be checking with them to review what exactly is included for $65 USD/month.

Anyone using this package have comments? Would like to hear:

- How true the data feed is, spikey/hot?
    - How reliable the system is? Up all of the time or frequent outages?
    - What happens when there is an outage? Is data replaced or will there be a gap of no data for the time the outage took place.
    - Quality of technical support
    - What specific news is included
    - How much historical FX data is included.
    - Overall impressions/comments. EX: is this a decent competitive alternative to TradeStation (GFT data feed)?

As per my comments under Forex Brokers >> TradeStation - GFT Feed, looking for a replacement...

2. just21

just21

It only came out on monday so few people will be using it unless they had Reuters equity_analyst 8.1 which it is a rebadged version of. I don't think reuters marketed it to retail though.

3. TGM

TGM

In my experience, Reuters has the best forex data. Very good. The new Reuters 3000 (their best product) has Metastock in the package of course it is 1000 a month. This sounds like a bargain at 65 bucks. Oh and it would have to be competitive to tradestation.

4. Metastock Pro FX

I called them. Everything looks great. I am seriously considering switching. I suggest you call them and discuss and review pricing.

- How true the data feed is, spikey/hot?
    This is the full Reuters FX Feed. S/B 1st class.

- How reliable the system is? Up all of the time or frequent outages?
    S/ have the same up time as other Reuters products.

- What happens when there is an outage? Is data replaced or will there be a gap of no data for the time the outage took place.
    The data is scrubbed and replaced when required.

- Quality of technical support
    I did not ask, assuming it is good.

- What specific news is included
    Reuters News, FX focused and more - almost sounds like the full feed.

- How much historical FX data is included.
    Alot, (Perhaps it is * 30 days of tick data, 250 days of intraday historical data, 30 years of daily data and 23 years of fundamental data as posted by just21)

- Overall impressions/comments. EX: is this a decent competitive alternative to TradeStation (GFT data feed)?
    It has been out since Monday, June 20, 2005.

*** Does anyone know the convertibility/ease of translation of TradeStation EasyLanguage to Metastock?

5. TGM

TGM

Well metastock is very easy to work with. Or so I hear. I have things i will need converted to metastock ---so please post what you come up with.

This seems like a bargain for 65 dollars!

6. just21

just21

Equis technical support is very good either via phone or email. I subsribe to reuters datalink for end of day data and they are quick to reply. Only problem with datalink is that it does not back adjust futures contracts though they have continuations.

7. TGM

TGM

I just looked at the link again. It is 1k up front than as low as 65 bucks a month. Well that still is an OK deal for reuters data. But not as good as 65 bucks a month nothing down. :)

I just wonder how much it is for the forex product all in upfront??

8. just21

just21

If you can get a second hand license to any pro version on ebay or similar then you can get a free upgrade until September 20th.

9. Metastock Pro FX

Call them for pricing as the internet site is somewhat confusing and they have more than 1 pricing option. I did not post this because I feel that this is in their realm to review it with prospective customers.

10. DaveN

DaveN

Metastock uses a simpler programming language. It's a relative certainty that code will transfer from MS to TS, but that's not true in the other direction.

For example, you can set a variable in TS and call that variable 300 bars later. In MS you have to address that variable on every bar.

While there are many ingenious workarounds that the dedicated MS users have developed over the years, not everything from TS can be replicated.

#10     Jun 22, 2005