MetaStock Pro 10????

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bastiat8, Jun 6, 2007.

1. bullsroar

bullsroar

If you haven't got 10.1 (which i have) then you don't know it is like no other before it in every department you mention

#11     Jun 11, 2007
  2. gnome

gnome

Please, inform us. I'm sure some of us would like the info.

#12     Jun 11, 2007
  3. bullsroar

bullsroar

Unlike previous versions you now have a 30 day grace period from installation before you have to register it by phone or internet with a special license key which is different to the normal set up key, you even have to remove your license from one computer to put it on another with a special program called license manager.. you can sell it but only if you transfer your registration

#13     Jun 11, 2007
  4. gnome

gnome

So, it's like Windows XP now? You have to "activate" within 30 days or it stops functioning? And if you have to reinstall it, you again have to activate?

#14     Jun 11, 2007
  5. bullsroar

bullsroar

Yep, very much like XP.. and Equis had a record of it too because I had a problem with installation and called support and they had my license number from online registration

#15     Jun 11, 2007
  6. gnome

gnome

I guess that will keep users from selling copies...

#16     Jun 11, 2007
  7. Everyone who contacted me about the 10.1, received the following reply: "this 10.1 has never been used nor registered", if for some reason the winner of the Auction cannot get this software to work on their system, I will refund the entire amount!... Need I say more? ;)

#17     Jun 11, 2007
  8. bullsroar

bullsroar

No, you've spammed enough

#18     Jun 11, 2007
  9. For all the cynics out there, just updated the description to reflect some of the concerns! Here is the link to the new updated listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=290126010495&rd=1&rd=1

The bottom line is that if you can't get this thing to work for some unknown reason, you get your $$$ back!!! I have no interest in ripping anyone off!!! The type of trading that I do, is no longer based on charting or mainstream T.A. so I have no need for this software… Today I make heavy use of statistical software, and other software that's more appropriate to my proprietary methodology... Take this for what it’s worth, as to me it really does not matter if it sells or not! :) I earn my living in the markets, and this $1000 really means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I find it a bit ridiculous if it is in fact true that M.S. is taking these measures…. Think about it; yes the software is great, but there is also a ton of competition out there, so if people know that they cannot resell the software, would this not decrease the demand for the product? ;) And yet the price is still at $1695 if you buy directly from M.S… If these people are profit oriented they should understand that it’s not in their business interest to enforce it!...

#19     Jun 11, 2007
  10. bullsroar

bullsroar

Who cares? Thats what fucking Ebay is for, don't come here because you have priced it too high and aren't getting any hits

#20     Jun 11, 2007