MetaStock Plug-ins

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by BCE, Jan 7, 2003.

1. BCE

BCE

I just bought MetaStock Pro RT for eSignal and was wondering about the plug-ins that are available. I did get Murphy's Chart Recognition plug-in on eBay but haven't tried it yet. Just wondering if any of the plug-ins are useful or mostly a waste of money. Anyone had any experiences with these? Thanks. :)

2. BCE

BCE

Had posted this later in the day yesterday and didn't know how many people had a chance to see it. :)

3. Shankar

Shankar

There is no way you can buy yourself a money machine. The key for being successful is to use simple rules and good money management. Money management has to be applied to the whole portfolio in order to make sense.

4. BCE -

I have most of them and honestly the only one that's worth anything is Perf Systems Plus, the one that gives you 52 or so additional exploration scripts. Nison's and Murphy's were the biggest disappointments.

In fact Murphy's chart pattern recognition module missed more setups than it found, and the ones it did find were ones I'd never see with my own eyes. I'm not a multi-candle pattern trader so to speak but for anyone paying the full 290.00 for it would be mightily pissed. The problem with patterns is the subjectivity of it all, and computers have never been good at subjectivity :)

Nison's bull-bear scans were OK but you can write your own just as effectively and save the cost.

Power pivots plus possibly looks interesting, although I haven't had time to use all of it yet.

Bollinger bands I don't use so I can't comment on that one.

Feel free to PM me if you want to go into details about them

5. BCE

BCE

Shankar,
    I wasn't looking to "buy myself a money machine". I agree with what you are saying but some tools can be quite helpful too. :)

6. BCE

BCE

Thanks Tech. That's what I was thinking too. I'll PM you later. Hope your trading's going well today. :)