Metasctock looks like crap

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by bigpapi, Feb 15, 2010.

1. bigpapi

bigpapi

Metastock, although good for back testing looks like it was built in 1820. When are they finally going to realize that they need to revamp this program and make it more user friendly??? It takes 30 clicks to open up a chart with a simple study, and the icons look like they're from the Macintosh days. I think with some work Metastock can be a good competitor to Esignal, it does have good potential, but they seriously need to work on this dinosaur.

2. You sound like Obama whining about Fox News...

I just now opened a "chart with study" in TWO clicks, not 30.

And according to Metastock's ads, "Metastock has been voted the #1 charting software for something like 16 straight years".

3. which in my country translates into something like "Don't mess with a winning formula..."

:D

4. go get Amibroker.... much better and you can force it to do most anything..

5. ken__0

ken__0

Quote of the day :D

6. Retief

Retief

7. bigpapi

bigpapi

I happen to agree with Obama when it comes to Fox News, I suggest you check out "Outfoxed: Murdoch's War on Journalism".

If you took the time to learn how to tame this beast more power to you, it looks like it is a powerful program, but it should be
    more user friendly.

I don't believe in company #1 ratings, for all I know they voted themselves #1, heck I'm the #1 trader in my household for the past 10 years, so I guess that makes me a force to be reckoned with. :D

8. henry76

henry76

to me metastock has easiest programming language , but has stood still last few years , i now use sierra , and the system of feedback with the message boards is a very powerfull tool , though programming indicators etc is very tough , ( never managed to do it yet , though havn't been trying too hard )

9. Good for backtesting? Are you kidding me? This program has probably screwed many technical traders with its defective backtester. Read this paper, although the authors refuses to name the two products involved, one of them is Metastock for sure. I don't know about the other one:

http://www.tradingpatterns.com/Literature/backtesting/backtesting.html

The Metastock developers keep on screwing traders:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/metastock/69510-bug-metastock-pro-forex-careful.html