META Likely bottomed

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Master Pu, Jul 8, 2022.

1. $171.5 target $300

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. %%
    Bottoms every day\ not likely the bottom in a downtrending bear with lousy FB customer service+ qqq still going down.........................................................

nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  3. SunTrader

SunTrader

Topped along with the other FAANGs - short term. I think.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
  4. I don’t really care about their CS, it could well be a false bottom, we have stops for that.

5. %%
    I do\ because fundamentals win in the end\ good polar bear trend against FB with thier lousy customer service.............................................................

6. Ok, there I disagree, fundamentally META is solid.

7. Ok, so without looking at the stock to see if you guys are sarcastic or not... what I get here is that rising inflation, and actually stagflation, with a nasty recession and falling earnings, is actually going to pump the stock because someone thinks the bottom may be in... somehow?

And all this within a tech-stock of all things... :confused:

If any of you bullish geniuses create some sort of tech-fund, I really, really, really would like to read what you put into the prospectus.

8. Overnight

Overnight

I would not think the bottom is in. What Zuckerberg is trying to do is pivot his ass out of being a social media company, (because let's face it, it is dying as an advertising platform,) and being a tech company by involving his company into what he thinks is the next big thing, which is the "metaverse".

The "metaverse" in Zukerberg's mind is basically the movie "Ready, Player One." If you have not seen it, watch it. It's just a world with Oculous headsets.

He is banking all his future on how the digital space is going virtual. Noble cause. Kind of like how Musk is going asstastic on EV.

But I think he is pivoting too much too quickly. This was evident when he changed his company name to "Meta". Seriously?

It needs to be eased in over more time. This is a generation shift in consumer mindset he is trying to invoke, and that's like a Jesus move.

Tricky.

SunTrader likes this.
  9. I have not seen it, but I have the book. No, I have not read the book, because I have so many investing/trading books to get through at the moment.

As for the whole VR headset shit... I remember in the 90's when we went through the first wave of all the metaverse/virtual-reality craziness. Everyonething jumped on it, from Hollywood to consoles to libraries stacking up bookshelves on every VRML coding book that bubbled into the universe.

I also watched how THAT shit-show imploded and the bubble deflated... Looks like Shitterberg was in his little diapers at the time, and is finally re-discovering it NOW for the first time, as most dumb-fuck millennials I see on Youtube promoting this all as the next sure-thing.

Overnight likes this.
  10. SunTrader

SunTrader

Trailed up move with stop I hope? Like at prior day's low.

#10     Jul 26, 2022