Met my Weekly Goal for the First Time

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Flashboy, Jun 19, 2003.

1. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

I would recommend that you keep your goal the same (9 pts) for some period of time until you consistently hit that target week in and week out. Only then would I raise the bar a bit ... I've seen lots of traders over time have a good week and then shoot for the moon the next week, trade much more aggressively, with lower probability trades and end up not only losing money but also adversely impacting the self confidence they'd built up in the prior week(s). You can't go broke with profits no matter how small.

#11     Jun 21, 2003
  2. Do you still reach your weekly goal?

#12     Dec 20, 2003
  3. Hi, I know a awesome trader who told me to set goals. Not crazy 10pts day goals but small 1-2pts day goal. He said it helped him to be focused and realize he was there to make $ and not just for glory. Overtime he was able to make lots more and yet kept the mindsets that he could trade more volume and with only 1-2pts a day could be a successful trader. Once again congrats flashboy>:p

#13     Dec 20, 2003
  4. What is your goal?

#14     Dec 20, 2003
  5. opw

opw

What do you think his goal is, with an alias like 'privateIsland'?

:D

#15     Dec 20, 2003
  6. besides.. I have a full time job I work at while I trade.. My work has been suffering terribly from this too..

most of us cannot daytrade and work at the same time

maybe you will be an exception ...

good luck ...

#16     Dec 20, 2003
  7. me too.....

#17     Dec 20, 2003
  8. You just passed the most important hurdle of trading.

You gave yourself a measure Psychologically.

Excellent work.

Don't let fear hold you back now and don't buy into the trading axioms.

You are successful because you had a measure of success and as long as you keep having a measure you are on your way to achieving it.

My only advise would be to make it easier on yourself and trade an easier market like the NQ or the ZN(bonds).

#18     Dec 20, 2003
  9. oten

oten

First of all, congratulations.

I do not set monetary goals. My goal each day is to trade my technique faithfully without allowing my mind to allow me to vary from the proven path.

Sorry to say I am not always success. But my % of staying on the path is steadily increasing.

Wishing you continued success.
    O

#19     Dec 20, 2003
  10. People, the last post by Flashboy is 6 months ago, so any congratulations for him reaching his 9 point weekly goal at this point are late at best. I'm certain the profits have already been spent.

#20     Dec 20, 2003