Message to rich people, here is what even you don't get

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Unit001, Jun 10, 2009.

1. With many companies, it's the only way to apply.

I used to work for a large retail chain in college. People could only apply online. If someone came in person to give the manager a resume, he'd throw it in the trash.

Hiring managers have become automated.

#81     Jun 21, 2009
  2. Cutten

Cutten

Good post. Big business is one of the worst enemies of capitalism, the free market, and competition.

#82     Jun 21, 2009
  3. Stephan, you like freedom of driving to deliver the pizza, the freedom of owning vending machine because no boss is with you?
    So maybe you can be a courier for the medical or dental laboratory. They give you health benefits. You deliver for them and you are alone with no boss. You said you deliver pizza for a long time, so you are good with knowing the streets in your city already. Some give you a van to drive so no expense for you to repair your car, and no expense to you for health insurance, so you save more money.
    Here is a place to contact for more information of that.

Messengers and Couriers Association of the Americas, 1156 15th St. NW, Suite 900, Washington, DC 20005

#83     Jun 21, 2009
  4. Wow how much time did you spend digging up all that? Since you twisted a few things I said, let me just clarify a few things.

#84     Jun 21, 2009
  5. Now is a great time to start a business. Build a business now and when all that money the Fed has been printing hits the market, you’ll take huge market share. Just wish I had a bunch of money to start a business.

#85     Jun 21, 2009
  6. Start a business doing what? Currently the prospects look like taking a bunch of money and buying a minimum wage job with no benefits or secondly, taking a bunch of money and starting a business as a cash churner.

A cash churner collects cash from the customer and mails checks to various fed state and local gov't agencies, with the remaining cash to various accountants, lawyers, insurance cos, advertisers, consultants, landlords, etc. Meanwhile, your wife has a job.

#86     Jun 22, 2009
  7. Thanks for that. I worked a few years ago as a courier for a medical delivery company making a lot of delivery’s between NIH and Ft. Detrick. However I was an independent contractor. It was not worth it at all. Too many miles on the car and not enough money. That was when gas was $2. I will look into the website you gave me. Thanks

#87     Jun 22, 2009
  8. Please explain your 2 posts. They seem to contradict each other. Aren't big business and the top people who work for them the ones at the top tax rates?Thanks

#88     Jun 22, 2009
  9. Why is now not a good time to start a business? Warren Buffett’s father started a stock brokerage business around 1931 and did very well. Commercial real estate has not had the same fate as residential, but where there used to be no place to lease in a strip mall, now there are 1 or 2. The landlords will probably be more flexible. Restaurants are not really hurting that much. Green energy will create the next wave of millionaires.

#89     Jun 22, 2009