Message to rich people, here is what even you don't get

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Unit001, Jun 10, 2009.

1. jprad

jprad

The dumber than dirt poor, the very ones you're trying to identify yourself with, would label your rich just because you've got the spare change to afford an Internet connection to post this drivel.

Frakkin' twit...

#21     Jun 10, 2009
  2. mtwokay

mtwokay

What is normal? Is 100 times normal? How bout 20 times? Maybe normal is 500 times....or a 1000 times. Do you know?

Should the government be responsible for defining "normal"?

If you want normal, move to Cuba or North Korea. They have clearly defined "normal", and all receive normal pay in those countries. Or...you can just hang around for a few more years. I'm sure the government is working on "normal pay" as we speek, and many will be happy with "normal" pay.

Government employees (those that serve the people) do not produce, only take. To suggest normal pay should be defined by those that take from those that produce is abnormal.

I understand your gripe, but the last entity qualified to define normal is the government. A system of accountability by many, not a few, is the best solution.

#22     Jun 10, 2009
  3. In order to get such salary, he would have to work much harder, he would have to stretch himself, he would have to sacrifice lots of time and take risks and go out of his comfort zone, therefore for him it is easier to blame others and act as a victim. Mother Teresa had no resources, yet she changed the the lives of many. If he is so altruist he can start doing voluntary work to help the underprivileged, but I doubt he would do that because there is nothing in it for him. It is always easier to take from others while hiding behind "excuses".

#23     Jun 10, 2009
  4. Mr.Consistent, well said.

#24     Jun 10, 2009
  5. He can't get what you are saying. Your post is too much for his little brain. Why do people want to control everything? I mean every damn thing. Let it be.

#25     Jun 10, 2009
  6. Like it or not, what the op has posted will be a reality soon.

I have run a business, I come from a family that has run businesses, and I know a lot of other small business owners. NONE of us ever got/get what the CEOs of many publicly traded companies get. 250-400 times the average salary? 20-30 years ago, the average CEO made 40x the average salary.

What happened? These guys have zero skin in the game. They didn't mortgage their homes to start Exxon or GM, or Goldman Sachs. And don't tell me they're fucking that brilliant either. There's a lot of ass kissing and knowing the right people and politicians to get that kind of dough and that kind of job.

No... not all rich people are the same. Unfortunately, the small business person that takes risk (it's called capitalism) is getting killed on both ends - from the poor and the super corporate insider wealthy types.

Not all rich are the same. Unfortunately, the real capitalists are getting nothing and the pseudo capitalists are getting everything.

Don't worry about people like the OP - worry about the pseudo capitalists that are immune to the rule of capitalism that makes bad risks=failure. Those are the guys that will bring on what the OP warns us.

If wall street banks collapsed as they should have - they would have taken many publicly traded restaurant, retail and other service chains with them - and the small businessmen across the country that get funded by the local banks would have reaped the rewards. God forbid that would have happened.

#26     Jun 10, 2009
  7. jprad

jprad

Let's see, NASA are government employees. You think they've only taken without producing anything these past 50-odd years?

How about NIST? Assuming you know what NIST even is...

The folks that take care of our national museums, parks, not to mention the Library of Congress?

But, let's cast aside these few examples as well as the thousands of other federal, state and local civil service jobs and focus on just four government entities; Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines.

Care to tell me exactly what all the men and women who served and most importantly, the ones that died, took and did not produce?

I think you need to refine that definition some...

#27     Jun 10, 2009
  8. How about you get off your lazy azz and earn some money-- you and all your entitlement, welfare collecting cronies. I work my azz off to make what I earn-- far harder then the booze swilling, hard luck cases that hang out at home on their couch on the government dole, having five kids they can't afford and demanding a free ride through life.

And another thing- any attempt to harm me walking down the street is ill advised. I don't fear lazy whiners.

#28     Jun 10, 2009
  9. I'll tell you why-- Because you're inferior in intellect, skill-set and work ethic. That's why. If you were a remotely profitable trader, you wouldn't be whining on this board.

You sound like a little girl. Get a life.

Darwinism at its finest.

#29     Jun 10, 2009
  10. mtwokay

mtwokay

Wow, it's late so I'll be brief.

I'm not going to get into a pissing contest on legitimate government entities/programs worthy of our support.

Clearly some are necessary, few are mandated by the US Constitution, but most are unnecessary, and many are unconstitutional.

The Constitution clearly defines the role of the federal government. What is not defined in the constitution is left to the states.

The Constitution mandates a military, and they should be appropriately funded. Most have no problem supporting the best military in the world. Our liberty and freedom depend on it, and those that give their lives should be honored above all.

There is clearly a problem with our government. Spending is out of control, and has been for a long time. The problem is not with our constitution but with those elected to defend it.

The black hole in our economy is caused by federal and state governments exceeding their constitutional authority with no accountability.

Hope that provides some clarification.

Good night.

#30     Jun 11, 2009