Message in a bottle.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nitro, Feb 14, 2011.

1. not a curse, but a business decision to help promote the movie.

#11     Feb 14, 2011
  2. #12     Feb 14, 2011
  3. olias

olias

Couple of thoughts: this reminds me of the line from Braveheart "every man dies...not every man really lives"

also this reminds me of the yin yang idea at work again. The only way to live life to the fullest is to confront and deal with our mortality.

#13     Feb 14, 2011
  4. My message would be:

Video #1: "I am still alive! Dig me out!!! Help!!!"

Video #2: "Haha! I made you look! Now put me back in my coffin! Oh, and don't forget to enjoy life and have fun!!! :D"

#14     Feb 14, 2011
  5. If I had video of my father, I'd rather hear about how he handled adversity, death of a loved one (he lost his dad at a young age), did he seek out mentors, who did he look up to.

I'd expect (not that they would but maybe) my kids or whoever to draw their own interpretations, of why I did what.

Rather than just straight up advice.

-------------

On a side note, my one daughter just turned 22, I was thinking and thinking and wondering if I ever told her she was pretty. Gees I may have but then I wasn't sure but what if I died and she wondered if I thought she was pretty.

Took a bit of planning and the right moment, not want to sound corny or anything but I did get the message across. Tough managing all these women.:eek:

#15     Feb 14, 2011

6. That's a remarkable quote. Beautiful.

The business idea is comparatively sound, while last will and testament's may seem "enough", it just isn't, always-does anyone really think Western Union would deliver the Doc's message to Marty McFlye's character in "Back to the Future"xyz?

Nobody can bank on the future, I know of people who buried time-capsules, with general "stuff", of a family oriented nature.

Great idea, pre microchip's and computers, but what if someone forget's where it is? What if the capsule wasn't actually that waterproof, and all records and photo's were destroyed?

It happens all the time, and I fail to see how computers or cyber recording are the perfect solution.

#16     Feb 18, 2011

7. Walked out this morning
    Don't believe what I saw
    A hundred billion bottles
    Washed up on the shore
    Seems I'm not alone at being alone
    A hundred billion castaways
    Looking for a home

#17     Feb 18, 2011